Shrkamp 2500.1d help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Always use current limiters in series when powering up, it will save parts. How much current it draws?
Might be sorted transformer, solder bridges.
I would power amp up with current limiter and push/pull/twist transformer to see if current draw changes.
How you measured that short? Usually meter should take some time to charge caps.

Last edited:
Nada I sorted it all out, got the 3205's from mouser and have the ps up and running happy. None are getting hot. Short was a bad 50n06 from a resistor a 103 that is next to each bank or gate resistors. all the outputs test good. Is there a way to test the entire output side before I reinstall the rectifiers..?

Ok so amps power supply are up and healthy. Powered up at 10v .55 amps of current draw. And got 49vac at the rectifiers. I'd say the supply is good. Should I go ahead and install the rectifiers, no outputs test shorted and all source resistors are 10ohms spot on. Is there a way to verify the output section of the amp first?

question i removed the two 10uf 25v smd capacitors from the driver board. i replaced them with alike capacitors and now the board will not power on at all. Is there something im missing like resistence or something?? When i first replaced them the amp clicked on then off and made like a clicking sound from the drive board. now nothing no power on the board at all. ideas? 12.5v on the first two pins so its getting power?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.