• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Show us you COMPACT tube amps !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
My RH84 pentode,

I think it is compact its the smallest amp I have, this was the final tidy up. Its been running now for a few months.:) (Its just for interest).

Regards
M. Gregg

Attachments

• DSCN3965.jpg
    DSCN3965.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 427
  • DSCN3960.jpg
    DSCN3960.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 408
Here is mine, a pair of Fred Nechbaur's 13em7 Minibloc amps built on a 6x10" Hammod chassis box. I built these as a fun system, I also built a pair of Fostex FE103En bass reflex speakers and for the source I am using an unmodified Playstation 1 as a CD player. It sounds quite nice for a modest amount of money.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
A nice "classic/classy/compact" look, multibiker : is it a kit or you have designed and built (or have it built) the sheetmetal work ?

It reminds me one of my 1st experiment with the 300B : 12AX7 + 5992 (kind of 6V6GTA) + 300B.

A+!

Thanks for your kind words. It's my own design, my first tube amps in something like 40 years! I documented the design and build process at www.ampwerks.ca.

Lets have a look under the hood Tom? Looks very nice.

Thank you. Here's a bottom view.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Are the holes under the 300B's drilled using perforated sheet as a template?

Yep. That's exactly what I did. I drilled three holes through the top plate and into a plywood block at the extremes of the grid. Then I drove a brass pin into each of the three holes through the perf plate template, anchoring the aluminum to the plywood. From there, it was drill-baby-drill... :) Once I had the jig figured out, it only took about 45 minutes on the drill press to make the vent holes.

~Tom

EZ10 6V6

Here are a couple of the mini-monoblocks I made with a pair of 6V6's and an 6SL7. Based a bit on an old Slivertone model that used a 7025 as the input stage. The amps are build on a small 6x10 hammond chassis.

I use these every day on my computer for sound and really enjoy them.

Work In Progress Gallery - http://www.ez260.com/portfolio-items/ez10-amplifier-project-gallery/

Attachments

• IMAG1635.jpg
    IMAG1635.jpg
    638.7 KB · Views: 293
  • IMAG1630.jpg
    IMAG1630.jpg
    705.8 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.