Shooting for SOTA dipole line array -- seeking comment (long)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hey Greg, I saw your build a few months ago -- we're definitely thinking along similar lines with driver selection and setup. I just noticed on your thread that you tried running the neo 10s down to 100hz and at the time you liked it. Now that you've had more time with the speakers, where to your ear is the best crossover point between the neo 10 and the woofer?

hey Greg, I saw your build a few months ago -- we're definitely thinking along similar lines with driver selection and setup. I just noticed on your thread that you tried running the neo 10s down to 100hz and at the time you liked it. Now that you've had more time with the speakers, where to your ear is the best crossover point between the neo 10 and the woofer?

For a lot of music, they were OK that low. Sounded "faster" and cleaner than the woofers at the time which were the Dipole 15 for AE. Switched out to that Beyma unit, raised the xover back up to 250 and now I can rock the house to pretty absurd levels without strain. Still considering 4 Neo10 in a rectangle around the Raal, like a giant, virtual coax, but essentially they are done. Just need to find the time to make one last test baffle to try out a 4 mids and then bamboo ply goes off to the CNC guy.

Greg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.