Shigaclone MKII Black - The builders Thread

Any idea what temperature you working at to remove ? I have found 2 of these versions to work on. I have just about rounded up my BoM to start building on this project, I just have to do transformer and CD puck out of the current GB. I know there are pictures posted but is there a text of the locations for the high end board mods, I see parts listed but not specific locations for them, I have tried going through entire postings and I may just be missing it. I plan on doing the 2 additional power supplies also.Thanks again! PS. I do use a good soldering/rework station.

My station is set at 350Celsius.
I remove MLLC caps very quickly by first adding solder and then heating both ends of MLLC at same time.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digi...mkii-black-builders-thread-5.html#post3929209

Regards,
Tibi

The best so far...

for C8 not used in decades...

Regards

2mxh0mx.jpg

Thanks I think I got tunnel vision and missed that post after reading so many. I even have a few 47uf PK BG I had picked up when I found them! I am really looking forward to starting this build, and will definitely make post as I progress, I appreciate all the input you provide in this build thread I have found it all very beneficial in getting prepped for successful build. Thanks again!
Steve

Grnd?

Thank you Tibi, for your help. I have my brd. back, and I had forgotten how impressed I was. I have the High Grade Brd. and I'm listening through a unmodified Jolida Glass FX Tube Dac, an old Dennon integrated amp, That I always liked, and a pair of old Mirage book shelf speakers that actually sound pretty good, although I have never used them as main speakers, except in my shop, for testing. I'm also in a 10'x10' cramped metal building. So things aren't the best for listening, but man, I'm impressed. Oh, I have Telefunken smooth plate 12AX7's in the Dac. I would be going on forever if I tried to list everything that impresses me about this transport. I still don't have V1, and V2 in place yet. But I'm having a hard time believing it could get any better. I do have a question before I start on a box. The way I'm playing it now, there is nothing grounded. The transformer uses no grnd on the primary's. The secondary's go to Pwr Supply brd. Power supply goes to main brd, Output of main brd. goes to output jack. Nowhere is ground brought to chassis grnd. I do have the metal chassis I have it mounted to grounded to AC grnd, but nowhere is the electronics grounded. Should we connect system grnd to chassis grnd anywhere? Should the output jack have it's return also going to ground? Which should grnd the system? Or does the whole system float? Thanks for the help.

Thank you very much for such a great feedback. Nothing can be compared with the feeling you have when your work is appreciated and praised. This motivate me a lot.
Thanks man ! :)

About grounding. You can leave it floating or ground output s/pdif rca jack. Also is ok to have your output jack connected to metal chassis and chassis grounded.

Regards,
Tibi