Sexiest woofer ever? specs?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is big beutiful?

This is the Diatone D-160
160 cm dia
specs say goes down to 8Hz and rated as 3000W

James

Attachments

• d-160.jpg
    d-160.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 696
Now, there are many big or even monstrous woofers, but there are only about 3 or 6 pairs (I don’t remember now) of these here. Not much time before Audax stopped producing drivers for the diy community they were researching new cone materials and had developed a ceramic composite cone, which never found its way into production. It’s 8 inches and its badge is HM210Q. The photos don’t justify its looks - it’s awesome.

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/9595/image0012te.jpg

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/719/image0000ma.jpg

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The big MTX is almost 400lbs of pure ****. W7's price is way to high for a only decent subwoofer. Pyle makes pile of poop.

You guys should know that most car audio subwoofers are not musical at all. Actually the general vibe I get from the car audio forum here is no one has a clue what to put in a car... I mostly see topic's about the commercial crap most real car audio enthusiasts would never touch.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

That is an Illusion ND12. The subwoofer has a reverse magnet. The subwoofer is also very musical and could be used in audiophile application I am sure.

The back of some 8's.

Installed in a car with the covers. They look sweet.

Here's one from the Allen Organ Company. It uses a single 15" driver and FOUR 15" PRs in a 15.5 cu.ft. enclosure!

Take a very close look at the active driver. It looks an awful lot like my Dayton 15DVC! (the larger dust cap makes me believe it's possibly a Dayton, not an Adire, however it could be their own design but I doubt it)

BTW, just to stay on topic, I think the Dayton 15DVC is a very good looking driver... from the front anyway. It's pretty beefy and robust looking.

They also have a smaller one with two 15" PRs...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.