Sexiest band pictures

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In the lone star gate, wouldn't that be Soo-Ee ?

Attachments

• Pigs in Space.jpg
    Pigs in Space.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 156
OK, the people dressed in aluminum foil reminded me of the mother of all "legal" displays of nudity, gay and straight sexual themes, and general weird behavior. The only time I went there was about 30 years ago. The "official" parade begins at dusk, but the truly bizarre comes out well after dark. I took several rolls of film in near darkness, using a flash, on public streets. After developing the film I saw things that were not apparent in person. Many people were not wearing clothes at all. The most popular "clothing" items were cellophane, foil, electrical tape, and body paint.

I went the year that the city had elected its first gay mayor, who decided that the closet would not only be opened, the doors were removed. About half of the crowd was straight, half gay, and public displays of craziness were accepted. Pictures on the web from recent festivals seem a lot more conservative. Many of the people are tourists. Still plenty of people wearing paint. While not a "band" or rock concert, loud music and live bands are part of the show. What am I talking about? 10 days of craziness known as Fantasy Fest.

Google "key west fantasy fest" to see plenty of pictures. Maximum "painted ladies" are on the www.650motorcycles.com/keywest.html site. NOT FOR KIDS!

Last edited:
I was there about 20 years ago.

Key West itself is nothing special. I have been there a few times in my life but the last time was the Fantasy Fest week about 30 years ago. I have no desire to go back, and I am only 150 miles away. The town has been transformed from an old sleepy fishing town with some history to a very overpriced tourist trap. Many of the small mom and pop shops have been replaced with expensive high end shops, and the single story room houses are now multi story hotels.

Fantasy Fest brings out the weirdness, and a leigon of people from the Motorola plant (where I work) went every year until about 15 years ago. I guess we all grew up (you can't bring your kids to Fantasy Fest). Or most of us old timers who remember the world before "pollitical correctness" are gone and more than a few have passed on.

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
Fantasy Fest brings out the weirdness,

In my case some illegal substances were the ones to bring out the weirdness. Plus at 20 I was a romantic fool and instead of seeing the overpriced trap for tourist I saw the wooden houses, people smiling a lot and a very appealing general decay in some areas. Add to that the fact that I went with a girl which I fancied and was stuck with me for 24 hours. That place was very special indeed. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.