SEWA - Seven Watt Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Proto PCBs arrived today ;-)

I'm going to try te get them assembled and tested during the weekend. If everything is OK, I can ship them next week ;)

Attachments

• sewarbproto.jpg
    sewarbproto.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 1,395
Mad_K said:
Assembly completed. I think I'll take a break now and test them tomorrow ;)

WOAH! looks nice.. I love smd stuff. I should post a pic of what i just completed :)

When are we able to buy them from you ? When i purchase mine would you mind including the smd resistors and the smd transistors for a few extra $$

I just did a order for 20 resistors ( smd from mouser ) and well the resistors were 1$ us and the shipping was 12$ :(

JFet SEWA

Hi Mad!

If you could find a JFET that can take as much heat as a MOSFET, you can simply pop it in the SEWA circuit with a minor adjustment of the bias voltage divider to account for the different VGS. However, since such a device is not yet avaliable, you'd have to get smart and utilize some tricks like cascode operation to get the dissipation down.

Would it be possible to use paralleled JFets? I mean just to use 3 or 4 Lovoltech's Jfets instead of the one IRFP150.

Greets:

Tyimo

DC test: passed ;-)

The SEWA proto boards have passed the initial DC test.
There was a small change in idle current, because the BC850C only has a little over 0,5V BE drop in this circuit. Bias current dropped to 1,7A. This is a little on the low side for 4 ohm speakers, but might be beneficial for people with 8 ohm speakers and marginal heatsinks as the amp now only dissipats 38W pr channel. What do you think, should I change the idle current back up to 2A or alter the design to 1,7A idle current? (This is what I'll be using). I will be taking the AC signal and critical listening test tonight or tomorrow ;)

Re: DC test: passed ;-)

Mad_K said:
The SEWA proto boards have passed the initial DC test.
There was a small change in idle current, because the BC850C only has a little over 0,5V BE drop in this circuit. Bias current dropped to 1,7A. This is a little on the low side for 4 ohm speakers, but might be beneficial for people with 8 ohm speakers and marginal heatsinks as the amp now only dissipats 38W pr channel. What do you think, should I change the idle current back up to 2A or alter the design to 1,7A idle current? (This is what I'll be using). I will be taking the AC signal and critical listening test tonight or tomorrow ;)

When should we pay for these Boards ? I guess ill have to build a buffer now to run this OR use the Bosoz Pre-Amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.