Set of newbie questions...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry, best bet is remove amp and check for broken solder on RCA plug if it goes in/out, that is likely cause. I been there with an install that was nearly permanent and you don't want to take it out, not fun.

If you can get a CA260 cheap there I would buy it, nice amp you can use for something else if not subs. Big though, I just got a new class D 4ch and it is 1/3 the size for 4x125rms.

yea, i'll get it out as soon as i have some time off... and i'm kinda short on time with all my office duties (i'm typin from the office right now and already been here for 12 hrs straight).
well, the guy that sells ca260 sells it really cheap(30$), and claims it to be in perfect condition.
i'm probably gonna end up buying both amps and combine something in my system... but then again my wife is gonna kill me lol

The HU should be grounding the shields in the RCA, so you check RCA at amp shields should be ~0 ohms to ground. Check all grounds the amps and HU make sure they are secure. You can try grounding the HU case to the dash. Check the body to battery ground at battery. Even if all that works you can still have noise. Can try a capacitor on power supply wire. Sometimes it is the equipment and other times the car. Some have swapped amps and others alternators to get rid of it. Also check your RCA that it is not picking up noise from wires next to it, easy way is run another RCA over your seats to amp see if it changes. If you get noise with RCA off amps then you know its problem with amp or its wires. A shorted speaker wire to ground can cause noise and some amps will run fine that way.

well after all i was just hearing things, after internal rca shield repair on HU and resolderin rca jacks on amp everything sounds really fine... (for the first time in a long time lol)
thank you guys for your time, patience and ideas

as for my amp dilemma, the guy that claimed to sell ca260 tried to sell me some magnat amp. blah
anyways, i'll be back with more questions when i get the kac923, crossover and repair coils on some speakers that been toasted.
i'll be enjoyin this for now :)

See attached.

Attachments

• gmx702.gif
    gmx702.gif
    42.2 KB · Views: 26
another newb question:
is it safe to put two 10" subs in parallel on bridge of kenwood kac-823 (yea, i got suckered again when it got shipped it wasnt 923...)???
if yes, is there certain level to which? if no, why?
i mean on Perry's website it says its not safe unless amp supports 2ohm load.
on this one there's a 4-2 ohm switch so its confusing me.
TIA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.