Service Manuals On-line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have used manuals-in-pdf once before for a car amp service manual, got it three weeks later,.
on the 4-4-06 I ordered a manual from them for a home cd player.
As of today I am still waiting.
ALL attempts to contact them have been useless.
I have subsequently reported them to IC3, internet fraud squad.
My advise is not to use this service at all.
I can provide all needed info to support my statements.

I agree with ocaukrell - I got this email from them:

As written on our site this manual will be available for download
within 2/3 weeks after placing order. Unfortunately we don't have it
in our stock and we need to get it from one of our partners. When the
manual will be available, You will receive e-mail with download link.

Best regards,
Manuals-In-Pdf.com

I replied:

I think you will find your site says something different. Let me quote from your site:

Availability: Link to this manual is usually sent within 5 / 6 hours ( max. 24 hours ).

This says maximum of 24 hours - I ordered this manual on 2nd May it is now 9th May - more than 24hrs I believe.

I require a refund of my credit card debit as you don't comply with your stated delivery time.

I haven't received any reply since - I am following this up with Visa & will report to IC3 also

DON'T USE THIS SITE THEY ARE FRAUDS

John

docfin said:
ocaukrell
please specify brand name & model number of your home cd player.
I will send manual to you for free, sure I have something.

cheers

That would be fanbloodytastic, if you have it.
It's a rare one.
Luxman dz-03, the one with valves.
Only really need the alignment procedure as I've replaced the laser.

Many thanks to you....
Nigel.

Re - Manuals in pdf.

Oh my !!
Bitching must work.
As soon as the manual became over due, I started sending them emails.
Started with :
"It's now the 25th, that makes 3 weeks, where is it.
You really need to get your finger out
Due to the **** poor service this will probably be the last time I ever use your snail service."

And over the following three weeks I got nastier, wont print those here mind.

Now I find that as of this very afternoon, my credit card has been credited with the full amount originally payed.

Interesting to note that they now claim they can supply said manual within 24 hours, and it's now $2 cheaper.

I will NOT retract my complaint though, and I will NEVER use them again.
I have still not had ANY form of comunication from them and due to this I still don't believe that they will honour their claims.

Dont know bout visa. (I use virgin/mastercard)
All I did was send 'manuals' a very nasty email stating that I'd reported them for fraud due to them not responding to any of my attempts to contact them, and a few days later, the ccard had the money credited back in.

Maybe send them an email saying that you want a full refund, and that you will report them.
Thats what I did.

Here's a thread about the same rip-off
http://www.camcorderinfo.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=126481

They also have the registered address for them
Domain Name: MANUALS-IN-PDF.COM

Registrant:
KLAR P.S.P. EWA I JAROSLAW KLEPACZEWSCY
Maciej Klepaczewski (klarpsp@pnet.pl)
UL. CHOPINA 11A
BARLINEK
,74-320
PL
Tel. +48.000000000

Looks hokey - false phone no for instance, probably false address also
Don't know if we can do anything with this info.

ocaukrell, I haven't your energy or indeed time to shower them with emails

John

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Before buying something online I usually send a rather informal mail with basic questions.
Although still not bulletproof, I judge them by the look and feel and the professional (or not) reply I get. Works rather well.
Being rude afterwards usually doesn’t help.

/Hugo

Yes Hugo you're right - I ordered this in a hurry as it was for a diswasher which had broken down and the family pressure was on to buy a new one.

I, of course, said I could fix it given all the time I spent on audio electronics. It also was my way of proving that my hobby could also be useful to the house - and those brownie points with the wife were going to be useful to offset against my hobby time.

How did it all turn out? Ended up buying new dishwasher and got ripped off this one and only time via the internet. No brownie points and wife is now shure my audio electronics is absolutely useless to man & beast.

What a bummer!!

John

Hello,

Manuals-In-Pdf.com here.

We've found bug in osCommerce ( it's our shopping cart engine ) that caused many mail servers to treat our emails as spam and not accept them at all. So, many of You could not receive emails with download instructions, order updates etc. Especially Hotmail, Yahoo and other free mail servers were affected by this bug.

If You've sent email to us in the past and haven't received response, please accept our apologizes. If Your problem wasn't solved, please contact us again and We'll try to compensate our screw-up somehow (refund, other manual in exchange etc. )

To speed things up please send emails to office@Manuals-In-Pdf.com rather then sending enquiry via helpdesk.

This bug has been patched, so emails should be received without any problems.

Again, we're sorry for any inconvenience.

Regards,
Manuals-In-Pdf.com

Status
Not open for further replies.