Semisouth SJEP120R100 Power Loss

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
How can that be rude ?

We measured 9 parts, as I said, and we posted all the measurements.
There are no Vgs pairs in the 9, so how can I possibly compare Yfs of matched devices ?

Since you have 8 pairs with matched Vgs, and I believe you have one of these curve tracers,
I cannot understand why you want me to publish data that I cannot generate,
when you are in a perfect position to generate them yourself.

Or do you expect me to measure all those we bought right away and give you a statistics ?
Even if we have the data, what good does it do to anyone else who don't have access to those JFETs ?

I posted the data as a warning to those who are thinking of purchasing them.
The well publicised source we contacted recently were asking for well over 40 USD a piece.
And we were told that we could expect good match with a pool of 30.

Luckily we did not make our purchase at that price.
And from what we saw today I do not believe you will get good match with a batch of 30.

So be warned.

Patrick

Last edited:
Buzz,

c'mon, Patrick is a top of the bunch real-data contributor.
He doesn't have to, and web words are just a wrapper.
(plus he's Patrick :clown: )

Cut your (toe) nails, and swallow.

I know he is, Jacco. That is why I was asking if he had more info. Kinda lke asking old man for advice. And I am Justin, the non contributor, master of non informative comments.

I believed Nelson has eluded to the fact that you must be careful with gate resitors for this reason, Wrenchone also had similar unexpeced issues with his HV version of an amp with the RO85 due to leakage. I am about to measure both Yfs and leakage as part of a larger investifation into the F6. I want to know, so that when i switch and get different results, I can guess what the contributing factor might be. That is why i asked.

Kinda like

Bear in mind that compared to what Dr. EUVL-itography does during day hours, this is double-kiddy stuff.
Praise yourself fortunate that Patrick is a hands-on mechatronics ace, who enjoys his audio hot.
Had he been a regular EE instead, he might have been reciting from books at the BT thread.

Vision yourself teaching html to kindergarten.

(plus folks in the Netherlands/Germany are quite rude/blunt, sorta grows on ya, even on those who received their mechatronics education in England :clown: )

End of old-geezer speech.

Bear in mind that compared to what Dr. EUVL-itography does during day hours, this is double-kiddy stuff.
Praise yourself fortunate that Patrick is a hands-on mechatronics ace, who enjoys his audio hot.
Had he been a regular EE instead, he might have been reciting from books at the BT thread.

Vision yourself teaching html to kindergarten.

(plus folks in the Netherlands/Germany are quite rude/blunt, sorta grows on ya, even on those who received their mechatronics education in England :clown: )

End of old-geezer speech.

Jacco, I have never said anything about his contribution. I am simply saying that if you don't like teaching kindergarten. Dont. But...if yo do, dont project onto the dumb kids. I know You, ZM, SY, Nelson, EUVL, Joachim and others are superior intellects. That is why I come, as a kindergartner, to learn. We can spend all day talking abotu who is smart and who is dumb( Blowtorch Thread), but i prefer amiable conversation and help. I am sure you could lecture me all day and I would just sit there with dumb look on my face, but what is accomplished in doing so. A good teacher can teach anyone, not just the people who get it.

a) A good teacher does not spoon feed. Instead he teaches (sometime forcefully) you to feed yourself.
b) If you really want to learn, then you really should frequent the blowtorch thread, or even the other place.
You will learn a lot more there than you ever from me.

The word "rude" is in my opinion inappropriate.
You can say that the Germans and the Dutch are direct = speak their mind.
If you take part in a technical discussion where I work, you will flip out in no time.

:)

Patrick

Please don't try to over-interpret things.

Of course it is good for buzzford that he has 8 pairs of matched SJEPs.
You can't easily get them anymore unmatched, not to speak of matched.

But suggesting that I am jealous is a bit over the top.
Because you have no idea how many of those we have in our procession.

Please stop this time-wasting discussion.
I will sign out, unless we have something technically interesting to discuss.

Patrick

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.