Semisouth JFET's: What are they good for?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
You're so correct on the transformer, Choky. I use inductors in my amp's output and notice a great deal of difference between coils.

Interesting design. What does that little circuit below R4 do?

are we using same weed these days ?

:rofl:

bias , what else - just look at BOZ schmtc

Attachments

• nemesis-cct.jpg
    nemesis-cct.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 625
Oh, I love you alright :headshot:

Of course, you know I luv ya man...

Just got over the flu with a fever and my brain isn't all there--confused mosfet with jfet symbol. Sure, that schematic makes all kinds of sense when one get's their symbols correct.

2nd thought being: would we need the bias circuit with a power jfet? The choke load should bias up the transistor.

Nemesis Amp

I was talking this morning with my friend about his own Nemesis project.
He stopped it! It was not possible for him to stopp oscillations in the mhz area.

He said it is difficult to get the right OTP. Looking at the prices for tube OTP, I I will search for other projects:)

Q Mr. Pass: could you give us some information about the sweet spot of the new power j-fets? Supply voltage and bias current?

Happy sunday
and kind reagards

Sam

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
He stopped it! It was not possible for him to stopp oscillations in the mhz area.

He said it is difficult to get the right OTP. Looking at the prices for tube OTP, I I will search for other projects:)

all he need is right gate stopper with or without ferrite bead ditto on gate pin , along with adequate cap/resistor combo across primary ;

Q Mr. Pass: could you give us some information about the sweet spot of the new power j-fets? Supply voltage and bias current?

Happy sunday
and kind reagards

Sam

Q Mr. Pass: Found what I was looking for inthe J2 manual

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.