Self measured T/S

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You can use your PC's soundcard as a Audio generator.
There is plenty of free software around on the Net to generate the signals you need for T/S measurements. AFAIK WinISD is one.

A decent digital multimeter is all you need to take measurements. A $50 one would be pretty good, and useful many other tasks as well!l

well, it seems this would help me alot as i have alot of "mstery" drivers laying around. How much would the equipment cost? I want to use my computer for part of it. So what do i need, and what can be had for not too much. i need an Oscope i think. Can i use my home reciever as the "amp?"

All you need is Speaker Workshop (free), a computer with a decent soundcard (which you probably have, but if not, a nice card can be gotten for $50), and a measurement jig like Eric Wallin's (about $20). You'll also need some sort of amp- your receiver would probably work, but you can even lash together a dedicated unit (you only need a few watts) with an LM1875 and a few Radio Shack parts for $30 or so.

That's it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.