selecting a chip

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
dont have a camera at the moment, but its still on bradboard anyways... :p ill probobly put in a pic of the schematic, with the pic of it inside a case, and with the finished boombox

should i get a 50w speaker just for the sake of this not happening

p.s. actually tested with different speakers... 20w speaker was a bit better, but couldent handle more than 3/10 volume

i was wondering about dual potentiometer... should i have gotten logaritmic one? couse i got a linear... there isnt much of a difference, but still...

Big. About a computer CPU cooler size , and you MUST use a thermal paste between the 2.
You could had killed the IC.

thermal paste can be bought in your local computer repair geek shop, for about 0.5 dolllar.
A used heatsink is quite likely to be there allso for cheap. Just find a way to securely mount it on the chip. (maybe ask a friend to drill 2 holes on the heatsink matching the chips factory made mounting holes, so you can use regular screws to secure it. just watch it to not overtihten things, you can damage the chip..)

A nother alternative is to ask for a dead pc powersupply. Those have nice heatsinks too, sould do the job. The bonus is that those have holes allready drilled on them, so you can use it straight out of the box, and most likely get it for free...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.