seeking resident woodworking/staining expert

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dems the Breaks

If you want a wood look you have no choice but to re-veneer.
don't mess with aniline dyes without alot of practice. As for the glue blotches I always wet the veneer with a damp cloth using either water, methyl hydrate
, or naptha. It shows up all the little gremlins that you think you sanded. Just think of the next box you will make and how smart you will be. Ive been a professional cabinet maker for almost twenty years and I have worse horror stories. Hang in there;)

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Mark

One thing I do when gluing wide long panels like veneer is to mix my wood glue with water to thin it out so it is brushable. Wood glue and white glue is water based and will thin out like water if you want it and still set up. If your going to use veneers then shoot for the actual color you want from the get go so all you will need is a sealer and not stain. There are many dark wood veneers that look georgous like walnut. Glue is almost impossible to sand out without showing so always have a wet rag when applying it so as to wipe it off before it sets in good. For the sake of keeping your hair at this point, cut your loss, accept your new found knowledge, paint them black and do it better the next time. It's all about the enjoyment of music and black with a wood stained baffle will look good.:bawling:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.