Seeking Advice 12V 30-40w stereo amp with bluetooth built in

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does the amp board has a AUX/other input that will accept other signals? If it does, then you can hook it up (with a CD output for e.g.) and test the amp with a 12 V supply. This way, you can diagnose whether the amp is working or not. May be the BT section of the board is the problem?? Your message only mentioned that your BT device could not find the board.

Regards,

This hole in the market has been killing me for a while now. The only 12v Class D bluetooth amps I can find are over at Digital Audio Amps (http://digitalaudioamp.com/product/index155.html) but these guys are wholesales only.

I know that that Arjen Helder guys used to put together some nice TA2024 bluetooth amps but I cannot find anything in the 10 to 20 WPC range.

Have you checked the link at post #17? That set up is specifically designed for use in the car (12V) and you have a choice of amps.

Regards,

Those modules are of very bad quality in my experience. I wouldn't even use them if I got them for free.

Just curious, have you actually tested them yourself or just your opinion based on experience on similar items. Please elaborate. Because if it is your general opinion (which I can understand), we should stop looking at anything listed on the Internet.

I do not have first hand experience with the BT unit, but the amp (tpa3116) in the combo is tried by a number of people on the forum and received good review.

Regards,

I have no experience with that amp module, but the BT modules (KRC-86B) sound quite good. They have good range, not at all grainy (perhaps YMMV, depending on compatibility with the device you're pairing with), The output voltage is decent enough to use with most amps without a pre, and no hiss or strange artifacts. Also, the AUX input is very convenient. I bought one a couple years ago just out of curiosity and was so impressed, I bought a bunch more just to pop into other devices around the house.

Last edited:
I have no experience with that amp module, but the BT modules (KRC-86B) sound quite good. They have good range, not at all grainy (perhaps YMMV, depending on compatibility with the device you're pairing with), The output voltage is decent enough to use with most amps without a pre, and no hiss or strange artifacts. Also, the AUX input is very convenient. I bought one a couple years ago just out of curiosity and was so impressed, I bought a bunch more just to pop into other devices around the house.

Thank for the useful information. As I mentioned, I know that the amp module sound fine. Just not sure about the BT unit. Now with your comments, I am really tempted to give this a try.

Regards,

Thank for the useful information. As I mentioned, I know that the amp module sound fine. Just not sure about the BT unit. Now with your comments, I am really tempted to give this a try.

Regards,
See post 6. That is the BT unit I started out with. I really dont want the extra whistles and bells. I dont need buttons or USB or a card reader or an LCD. All those things just take up space and/or waste energy. looking for something that is just a simple 12V Class D BT all in one.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.