Seas Exotic Pricing

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
marchel said:
Hello peterbrorsson ,

Do you know where we can order the sonido drivers? Can we oerder them directly?

Do you know the conversion rate into US dollar from the prices on the pricelist?

BTW, Are they really cheap, Is that also a joke? :D

Hi Marcel!
Yes, shouldn't be a problem ordering from Hungary. But check if you have to pay VAT depending country you live in!

I use this converter:
http://www.oanda.com/convert/classic

Oh my bad English, I meant real value for money spent. Joke is on me!;)

I have been in contact with Sonido about their amplifier today. When asking about prices, they said that the pricelist on their home page is out of date. They will send a new one to me soon.

Peter

Is there something alnicos can do than neos can't?

A magnetic field is a magnetic field, nothing more nothing less. Its all dependant on energy at a given point. The VC could care less how the energy is generated but only reacts to the forces of the electromagnetic field generated by the incoming sine wave and the opposing magnetic field. The only exception is focused magnetic fields in which the energy is concentrated at a given distance/shape from the permanent magnet.

ron

ronc said:

A magnetic field is a magnetic field, nothing more nothing less. Its all dependant on energy at a given point. The VC could care less how the energy is generated but only reacts to the forces of the electromagnetic field generated by the incoming sine wave and the opposing magnetic field. The only exception is focused magnetic fields in which the energy is concentrated at a given distance/shape from the permanent magnet.

ron

i think it has something to do with the nature of the B-H curve.

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
ronc said:
A magnetic field is a magnetic field, nothing more nothing less. Its all dependant on energy at a given point.

A magnetic field is merely a link back to the phenomenon that
created it. Different magnetic materials will respond differently
when perturbed by the current through the voice coil.

That said, it is a secondary effect.

I would seriously consider this driver if:
it delivered exceptional fine detail.
it has T/S characteristics allowing a simple cabinet.
it was resistant to breakup at high volumes.
has an impedance curve that is nice to amplifiers.
otherwise sensible people started gushing about it.

From what I've gathered about people telling RonC about magnetic fields is like telling an Innuit how to make a snowball. If Ron wasn't such an amicable fellow this might have been quite entertaining.

ronc said:

ron

By the last sentence, are you saying that when the field is focused it does matter how it was generated in the first place?

Nelson Pass said:

Of course this is only one of many factors, but:

I have a pretty decent collection of response curves of full range
drivers, all taken at 1 meter on axis with .33 octave smoothing.

Comparing them, I see that the SEAS full range is comparable to
other drivers in this category, and better than many.

Here's a composite, taken both near field and 1 meter, of the
4 ohm version in an open baffle.

How big was that baffle? F5 @ 40hz? NICE!

OzMikeH said:
From what I've gathered about people telling RonC about magnetic fields is like telling an Innuit how to make a snowball. If Ron wasn't such an amicable fellow this might have been quite entertaining.

...and suggesting such about Nelson is, well, er... Oh, please. Also, what do you mean by "entertaining"?

Sorry, perhaps it would be best if no members offered up their understandings in these discussions, in fear they may be beaten down by those who are considered more knowledgeable by others.

Personally, I may have considerable knowledge in a specific field; however, I would not resent alternative/additional views. Hell, I'd like to think that I welcome them... part of the processes of understanding and innovation.

But then again, I've always tended towards the iconoclastic and questioned authority, experts, and traditional 'evidence'... s#!t, I am starting to sound like a researcher.

Against my better judgement, I am clicking the Submit Reply button.

Raymond

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Russell Dawkins said:

By the last sentence, are you saying that when the field is focused it does matter how it was generated in the first place?

From what I understand alnicos are less sensitive to flux modulation, and is said to be one reason fore the "good vintage sound"
Farraday rings etc was develloped to do the same with ordinary magnets
Underhung I understand has good properties in that respect too
Sadly it has been "forgotten" in favour of sensitivity

It appears like many new speaker designs with neo magnets doesnt use farraday rings, fore whatever reasons

They also say that once you have heard a good field coil driver, you will never look back

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Telstar said:

Have you got a graph of the Sonido? They dont publish them on the website.

without checking - I can't say that all drivers have ( or not ) published curves in pdfs download-able from www.sonido.hu .....

but - you can always contact Mr. Varga ........ he's more than willing to answer all questions ;
it really doesn't matter are you their customer or not - they really love their work .

Telstar,
Don't know which driver you ask about, but here is SFR178 which I have. There are some new models with higher qts for bass reflex but have no info about these.

If you mean SFR200, I can't help you. Get in contact with Zoltan Vargas, I'm sure he will help you.

Attachments

• new picture.gif
    new picture.gif
    15.1 KB · Views: 306
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.