Search for 15" OB Bass

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

I'm just throwing suggestion here, based on my experience (especially with the great tool the DEQX is), what i'd personnaly do is:

12PR300
FaitalPRO | LF Loudspeakers | 12PR300

+
RAAL 140-15D (which would completely replace the BG neo 10)

Crossover points of 70hz & 2khz @ 300db/oct.

I wouldnt use that combination without a DEQX (300db/octave) though... But with it, you'd be amazed how such an unusual recipe could work well.

Nice try Jon, but I willl NOT give up on my Neo10/Mundeorf AMT combo driven by the DEQX :D:D:D
Gives me the dynamik I was missing with electrostats and the benefits of dipol planars. I will check out external DAC, thanks for the recommendation (didnt know forsselltech.com)
cheers
Wolfgang

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Understood, but wouldnt that mean a high er Qts driver? In my Simulation max Spl was Quite low With Any 15" driver....
Of course you know that OB bass losses will always mean lower SPL than in a box. The "trick" of the high Q woofers is that they are phat at the bottom, so you need less EQ to get a flat response on OB. You can get the same response with a low Qts woofer, but you'll be attenuating the top end much more. But since low Q woofer tend to be more efficient, it all comes out in the wash.

I used to have a pair of Selenium 15s with a Qts of 0.7 and they seemed perfect on my open baffles. Sad they don't make them any more. :(

Since you don't need to go below 60Hz, any good pro 15" should be fine. Are you doing 1 or 2 per side?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.