Sealed enclosure for SEAS Exotic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Holger - I know that I'm like broken record (LP, what else :clown: ) - did you tried some Hungarian FR drivers ? ........ this time I deliberately choose not to mention their brand .....

even if I found in last several years some ancient drivers good to die for ( and even better than any of modern drivers I had opportunity to try ) , these are certainly best bang for the greenie ,considering actual production .....

Hey thanks Sclalars! I had missed that point about your cabinets. Now I have confirmed to an international audience that not only am I an audio-Luddite, but I'm blind as well!!?? (Laughing at myslef!) Sclalars, your cabinets are a work of art. Thanks for the response. I keep digging around for options when I really want the SEAS EXOTIC..but the cost involved with the risk of yet another dissapointment/mistake would be divorce for me! You know what it is like, you can't listen to them before you buy them etc etc.and few people post remarks of what they have tried....Therefore my continued hassling of you guys to clarify options BEFORE, I enter another bad decision! And also, thanks to Reamann...again, I didn't notice the the SEAS attachment of their 60 lt cabinet plan! (Do you see a theme forming here?) Gosh, I'm going to go and hide my head in shame now. LoL! Thanks so much guys.
Kind Regards: Dave

Last edited:
The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I keep digging around for options when I really want the SEAS EXOTIC..but the cost involved with the risk of yet another disapointment/mistake would be divorce for me!

I don't see a lot of risk here. If you have a decent ordinary
amplifier with some damping factor and modest power, you
will find the SEAS Exotics have a good neutral sound with
more bottom end than you will find in any FR in a reasonable
enclosure. A little tweaking and you should be happy, and
your wife will probably appreciate a regular speaker box
instead of big horns or open baffles.

:cool:

>>> a regular speaker box...

I'd love to compare the Exotic to the TB 1808 since they both can be used successfully in a 'regular speaker box.'

Here's the TB, B20, Betsy (wizzerless) and PE Buyout ($10).

Godzilla

Attachments

• 4-drivers.jpg
    4-drivers.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 437
  • 4-drivers2.jpg
    4-drivers2.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 410
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
No, sry, didn't manage to get my hands on those. I'm sorry, you'll have to mention that name and model again, I'll see what I can do :D

Sonido akusztika

ask for their AlNiCo versions ;

even if their site isn't overly current , they're much better in personal e-mails ;

8" drivers are most interesting - they have 2 types - one for BLH , other for BR or Onken .

I`ve decided to make Seas Exotic F8 my next speaker, so now I`ve started the process of building the recommended 60L closed cabinets. I`ll probably be doing some other designs later on, but time will show.
I`m going to use 19mm MDF with 12mm wood veener, 5mm bitumen, F13 felt and Acousto-Q, amongst other materials.
I`m really looking forward to getting these speakers up and running!

That's great i'm happy for you. I've been interested in these for some time but unforchantly missed the sale linked above and can't swing the full cost from the USA distributor.
Good luck with the build and i look forward to reading about your enjoyment of them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.