seal wood inside cabinet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
EDIT: I realize now the definition "wood plug" is not correct. I still have no idea what's the english word. But here they are:

la-spinatura_324x268.jpg

You make corresponding holes in two wood panels, put the little wood cylinder in between and this way the panels are stuck in places while the glue dries.

dowel

I'll keep all this in mind. I never used braces tho. And the plywood thickness was chosen mostly due to ease of construction. It's harder to mess up routing if you have to "dive" deeper to do so :p

Thanks for all the feedback. I don't know when i will have time to build something again but when that will happen, i'll make treasure of this info :)

Thread bookmarked :p

EDIT: I realize now the definition "wood plug" is not correct. I still have no idea what's the english word. But here they are:

la-spinatura_324x268.jpg

You make corresponding holes in two wood panels, put the little wood cylinder in between and this way the panels are stuck in places while the glue dries.

In English those are called dowels, or for the specific type shown in your picture "Fluted Dowels."

Many now use biscuits in much the same manner.

Best Regards,
TerryO

In English those are called dowels, or for the specific type shown in your picture "Fluted Dowels."

Many now use biscuits in much the same manner.

Best Regards,
TerryO

Well thanks a lot to both. I'm sorry if the discussion strayed a bit from the OP original intent. I'm trying to learn as much as possible and i only have this precious forum as a source.

I don't have a very very strong scientific background and i wouldn't know where to start to find answers to these questions so it comes natural to post them here (i'm referring to the damping materials questions of a couple of posts ago), but i can understand these may sound really stupid to an adept. I know the feeling when the same happens in IT/Technology circles :)

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.