• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

SE 8-10W monoblock build help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thank you guys...please don't start any flamewar here.I welcome any suggestion. Perhaps I go with Hilmars suggestion...
I'll buy reasonable priced caps, and try them....

P.S. I am not building the amp...that is too much above my skills :) I supply the parts only.

Thanks
Danny

I would never attempt to pursued you again building a good SE amp, but be aware of the decisions you are making and the outcome you might expect.
The SE vs PP argument is pure and utter ********. Well built examples of both will be almost indistinguishable if they are used within their linear power range - but there are things an SE simply can't do at sensible cost and then PP becomes your better option.

Leave your options open - thats all.

Shoog

Shoog, Tinitus,
You have Your opinion, acc. Your criteria,....I have my op., more radical /I had also some 1 W SEs 6S45P, 6E5P, 5687, 30P1S, some PP Leibowitz, that I like, but only Leibowitz, not regular PP/ I also tried PP EL34 Mulard, 6P3S-E, 6005 GE, but there was not for my waitings for sounding....At last You and me will stay on own opinion....I think, everyone in this forum can post own less or more radical opinion /people likes different op./....:)
/Sorry for my bad English.../.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.