Scoop Bins + Midtop problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well I don't have any picture of it but I might arrange one if time permits.
The tops have handles and we just hanged these from the ceiling (or whatever) by running some packing straps down through one of these handles and around the bottom and up again on the other side. I.e the handles were just used for keeping the strap in place and not to carry the weight. We did not use any real flying harness. Doing this you have to watch out to comply with local safety rules. Since we mostly use the system for private parties this is less of a problem if common sense is used.

Regards

Charles

That's how I use to fly them (this one is smaller than yours though). Moving the tops a bit out od the scoops nearfield might help by great lengts. Youll hjust have to try to find out.

Regards

Charles

Attachments

• fly.jpg
    fly.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 219
pinkmouse said:

Sit the mid/high boxes on the scoops as normal, but don't connect them to anything. Fire up the bins to working volume, and see if the cones on the mid drivers move. I suspect they won't.

It does move.

IMO Plugging the ports might not solve the problem, cause the box volume is approx 70liters, and so would not restrict the movement of the cones.
I think the best solution would be to use Mids as horn loaded with small back chamber.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.