Schematics for the Pioneer PD s507

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Tor M,

I had similar problems when I just disconnected everything regarding the optical output (a few resistors, the coil for the p/s of the torx); I was not able to OPEN the player then. I did not understand why, but after putting back the coil and some of the resistors everything worked fine again. MAybe this is caused by some oscillation which is interpreted as a command?

Regards
Christian.

Hi!
Hmm, strange!

I have theese problems even after I put the player back together. When I open the drawer there is 5 v dc over the dc motor, but when I try to close it I have -0,3 v. I can understand that it can`t close with that kind of voltage.

I found an old sony player at work the other day (in the trash) and I tried the motor from this, so it`s not the motor.
This player had some la6520 tripple opamps inside. The opamp in the pioneer is la6517 (double) for the focus and the loading. I`ll try to change this for one la6520. Have to hardwire it in to place though. Hopefully this help. There were a couple of fried fuses wich protected the amp who handles the spindle and tracking, but the negative line to the 6517 were unprotected.

If not it may be the system chip, I really hope it is not!!!

Regards:)

Tor Martin

Hello,

I just wanted to bring this thread back to life ...

Did I mention I installed a Kwak Clock 7 sucessfully ... A friend built it for me (I have no scope ...) and it works gorgeous.

There is not a really noticable difference first, but I think it smoothened everything a bit ... It was the last step I did so maybe it would have been a huge differnce if I would have done this as first step ...

Having the DDDAC built I was able to reclock or not by switching. It must be really good CDs to notice the difference.

Anyway, here are4 some pics of the modded cdplayer:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

You can see the larger Panasonic FC caps as well as the Kwak Clock in the right lower corner

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Kwak Clock in detail

Output stage ... Mica Caps, AD8620, ...

Below ... small KP caps parallel to every electrolytic.

I still haven't got my coaxial digital output board to see how it works as a cd transport... :xeye:

Cheers
Christian.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.