Schematic? Sundown SAZ-1500, Elevation Audio DX1500.1, RD 1750.1, Atomic AT-1600.1D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone have any info on these amps?
They all use the same board, and I have a ReSponse branded amplifier here, that also uses the same board.

I've used two of these amps in the past at 0.5ohm daily, no issues, never went into protect, no matter how much abuse I gave them. Even blew all the fuses in one.

Nevertheless! I've recently bought two second hand, brand new, never used, amps, and they don't like 0.5ohm at all... and thats what I bought them to run at!

SO, I'm hoping to modify the protection circuit to make it less sensitive, a schematic would be excellent, or even just a little info.

Thanks for any input!

I agree but if you can't use the amp like it's supposed to be used, find the 8 pin op-amp that has pin 4 connected to the negative rail. There will be a voltage divider across the shunt resistor. That voltage divider feeds the inputs of the 8 pin op-amp. Compare the resistors of that divider in the old and new amps. If they're the same, compare the voltage on the reference terminal. The reference terminal will be the input to the op-amp that has more voltage than the other input terminal. Measure the voltage with the black probe on the negative rail. The reference voltage will be very low (less than 0.2v, likely) so measure carefully.

They look like this in most amps.

Attachments

• IMG_0165x.jpg
    IMG_0165x.jpg
    785.8 KB · Views: 289
The shunts are different sizes....

the amps that go into protect more have higher shunts... so they're longer, while being the same thickness... meaning more resistance, greater voltage drop, and therefore, go into protect more easily?

Which explains why I can't find any differences between the two amps component values...

I'm not familiar with that amp and the photo was so bad that I couldn't tell anything from it.

The circuit is likely (again, I have no information on this amp) a simple voltage comparator. There is a reference voltage on one input of the op-amp/comparator and a voltage produced across the shunt resistors on the other input of the op-amp. When the input from the shunt resistors exceeds the reference voltage, the amp shuts down.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.