Schematic for this beautiful Micromega Solo, Trio and CD f1 (first edition) wanted

the accuracy of all legacy products under
Entreprise - Micromega
isn't complete. According various images, which are to find by the keyword "SOLO" (+ Micromega) I come to the conclusion, that are
the following versions were on the market (go also to the attached images):

1) Versions with slope front:
- "SOLO H"
- "SOLO H2" (on sticker sometimes written "SOLO.H.2")

2) Versions with straight front:
- "SOLO P"
- "SOLO P2" (on sticker sometimes written "SOLO.P.2")

The actually question is, what differences there are in detail (mechanism, power supply, mainboard, firmware).

Under
Contact - Micromega
are the contact site - unfortunately I don't speak french.

Under
MICROMEGA CD SOLO_diy_haoDIY
are to find advices for replacing old electrolytics.

If no circuit diagrams are published, it is probably because the existing documentation is incompletly and so bad (like hand notes) that one don't dare to publish it (well-made service manuals require a lot of effort and most small companies don't carried out this efforts).

Attachments

• micromega-solo.H.2 slope front +RC.jpg
    micromega-solo.H.2 slope front +RC.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 381
  • Micromega.SOLO.P.2 PCB straight Front.jpg
    Micromega.SOLO.P.2 PCB straight Front.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 224
  • Micromega SOLO.P.2 rear straightfront.jpg
    Micromega SOLO.P.2 rear straightfront.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 197
  • Micromega SOLO P rear straight front.jpg
    Micromega SOLO P rear straight front.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 254
  • Micromega SOLO.P.2 rear straight front.jpg
    Micromega SOLO.P.2 rear straight front.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 192
  • Micromega SOLO P straight Front+RC.jpg
    Micromega SOLO P straight Front+RC.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 320
  • Micromega SOLO.H.2 PCB slope front.jpg
    Micromega SOLO.H.2 PCB slope front.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 363
  • micromega-solo.H.2 rear slope front.jpg
    micromega-solo.H.2 rear slope front.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 342
  • Micromega SOLO H2-rear.jpg
    Micromega SOLO H2-rear.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:
A friend of mine bought an used Micromega DUO on the assumption that a Philips CDM-1, CDM-2, CDM-3 or CDM-4 drive is used (like then fourth image in previous post) because a later repair service is not a problem here.
After receiving it, he unfortunately found that a CDM-9pro was used - go to the pictures in first post under
Micromega "DUO" (CDM9-PRO) - Schematic or other Model with same MAB Processor wanted

After a short time of use the read in of TOC does not happen.
He will now look for an older version without CDM-9pro - unfortunately without images without cover this isn't to identify.
this list under
CD-Player-DAC-Transport List
is also not helpful, because the CDM9 was switched over during production both at "SOLO" and "DUO".
Is there an external distinguishing feature to find out whether with or without CDM-9 ?
All Philips CDM versions described here:
The almost complete Philips CDM range of Swing Arm CD Mechanisms | HFA - The Independent Source for Audio Equipment Reviews
If one has a SOLO or DUO without CDM-9pro for sale (both in not working and working condition), please let me know.
Thank you very much.

Last edited:
Transport locking screws for an old Version of Micromega "SOLO"

Transport locking screws - who can upload photos ?
I purchase a Micromega "SOLO" .
A friend of me in Hamburg will send me this device.
Unfortunately the package and other parts of this turntable are no longer available.
Maybe one of the members here can send me a photo from this parts.

Attachments

• IMG_1242.jpg
    IMG_1242.jpg
    760.6 KB · Views: 120
I heard the Solo, I believe it was, at the Las Vegas CES in the early 90's. It definitely was one of the Micromega units with a clear, hinged plate plexiglass top cover. I was shocked at how good it sounded. I felt it was the best digital playback I'd ever heard to that date. Not that I had heard all that many others. What was so shocking is that it didn't seem a step better sounding, it seemed a leap. Airy, three dimensional and best of all, non-fatiguing. Everything that every digital player I'd heard prior to the Solo, wasn't. I'm certain it had flaws, but I didn't have time at the show for an lengthy audition. Oh, how curious I was to know what they had done technically that the others had not. Alas, I never found out, but I would still love to know out of simple curiosity. If anyone gets hold of an schematic, please share it.

Transport locking screws - who can upload photos ?
I purchase a Micromega "SOLO" .
A friend of me in Hamburg will send me this device.
Unfortunately the package and other parts of this turntable are no longer available.
Maybe one of the members here can send me a photo from this parts.
No information ?
I guess, only usual screws (M3 or M4) are possible (have a look to the attached pictures from an other model), but I don't know it exactly.

Attachments

• CDF1_05.jpg
    CDF1_05.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 164
  • CDF1_06.jpg
    CDF1_06.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 166
  • CDF1_04.jpg
    CDF1_04.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 168
the accuracy of all legacy products under
Entreprise - Micromega
isn't complete. According various images, which are to find by the keyword "SOLO" (+ Micromega) I come to the conclusion, that are
the following versions were on the market (go also to the attached images):

1) Versions with slope front:
  • "SOLO H"
  • "SOLO H2" (on sticker sometimes written "SOLO.H.2")

2) Versions with straight front:
  • "SOLO P"
  • "SOLO P2" (on sticker sometimes written "SOLO.P.2")

The actually question is, what differences there are in detail (mechanism, power supply, main-board, firmware).
any news ?

I know a little bit of the company.

Micromega was founded by Daniel Schär, a french engineer. He started with electronic studies before to came sound enineer for a parisian studio. Then he went to the USA and worked for Mark Levinson... Then he was responsable for the products of Harman Kardon few years and, back in France, he founded in Micromega.

Micromega stopped in 2006 but the brand restarted with Mr Didier Hamdi. This is not exactly the same philosophy now.

I have never seen a schematics for the old products like CDF1, Solo, Trio etc...
Under
https://www.living-leedh.com/?page_id=5473
there are to find further details.

But I still don't find a complete overview of all vintage cd player models from Micromega with the upgrades carried out within the respective model series.
Thus it is hard to estimate important details in case of a wanted purchase from such devices in used condition.
Some differences are only concerning the mechanism (CDM-3 and CDM-9pro in case of the "DUO" transport series), other differences are in the electronic components - especially concerning the software version on mask programmable processors (e. g. MAB8441P first Version for Servo IC's TDA 5708/TDA5709 resp. TDA8708/TDA8709 = T012, later version T082 and last version T164 - check out post #14 under
http://bbs.hifidiy.net/thread-540709-1-1.html).
Maybe in your language is to find anywhere a website with all this information concerning the versions and differences of all vintage models.
Thank you very much.

Last edited: