ScanSpeak Illuminator project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
inertial said:
this is debatable IMO,
cone Stiffness(rigidity) is first established by thickness, then materials.
What thikness can you make for a diamond woofer cone?
Probably enough to make a real cone. Use MPCVD to create a UNCD layer over a sacrificial silicon substrate or some such. I think you can get up to 12" diameter now, though I don't know how deep.

I hope I have understood right, my english suck.....

Imho as I said this is not the right way: ultra stiffness material with
thin geometry, like Accuton woofers for example.
Anyway this is only academic , since this woofer do not exist ;
Magico woofers exist and they perform good ! :D

Cheers,
Paolo

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
inertial said:
Magico woofers exist and they perform good !

Where can I buy one, and what will it cost :clown:

But ofcourse you are right, most cones are low tech and quite boring and why I decided to make my own made from industrial cleaning cloth and polyurethane glue...nothing hightech either :D

Attachments

• billederden blå cafe 027 (wince).jpg
    billederden blå cafe 027 (wince).jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 479
tinitus said:

Where can I buy one, and what will it cost :clown:

But ofcourse you are right, most cones are low tech and quite boring and why I decided to make my own made from industrial cleaning cloth and polyurethane glue...nothing hightech either :D

NICE cone! I will make mine own too. Have you considered carbon fiber? properly made, they can be extremely light weight and rigid, similar in properties to carbon nanotubes.

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
cotdt said:

NICE cone! I will make mine own too. Have you considered carbon fiber? properly made, they can be extremely light weight and rigid, similar in properties to carbon nanotubes.

Thanks, hopefully it will play music some day, together with a DIY ribbon...it was intended to be a dipole mid

I was actually mostly interested in the foamy polyurethane, which is very light and highly dampened with little ressonance of its own, so the cloth is only there to hold everything together...well, there is a "flower-pattern" incorporated...I may have to coat the cones to fine adjust

Attachments

• membran (wince).jpg
    membran (wince).jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 405
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Syncroniq said:
Hi,

Wich software do you use for magnetsimulations? I use FEMM.

Nothing fancy other than farraday ring...I suppose I just rely on "brute force" like oversize magnet and smooth thick poleplate :D well, the finished driver will have thread spider and flat felt surround, so I suppose it will be kind of special...backside is that time has gone by and now I am more interested in a 100db design, so I have no clew when this thing will play music

Attachments

• magnet (wince).jpg
    magnet (wince).jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 314
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.