Scan-Speak Reference Monitor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just had a look at the drawings. The straws are put in the (bass-reflex) port.

What are straws? Straws are used to drink your lemonade right out of the bottle... (Drinking) Straws... Amazing...

I have two kids so I know drinking-straws are sold in at least 2 sizes (diameter that is).

It's nice weather today... I think I'll go outside and drink another bottle of Coke with a ....:cheerful:

Jan

I'm BACK!!!

Hi to everyone,

As promised I am back after my wedding. I have started building my cabinets. I am using two panels of 19mm MDF glued together for each cabinet side. I have already made the circular openings for the units with my router. At the moment I am gathering the sound damping material. As soon as possible I will post some pictures.

George

Hi-

I am interested in building the Reference Plus, but I am not fond of the idea of using a ported enclosure. I have a feeling that I can not simply modify the design and not use a port, but keep the box sealed. Maybe I can simply modify the internal volume.... What do you guys think?

Years ago I purchased a pair of D2905/9900 Revelators and a pair of 18W/8545 woofers. I have long-since lost the crossover design I had intended to use. The Reference Monitor seems to be an ideal speaker for these drivers, but it uses a 18W/8546 woofer.

I'd be interested if anyone could inform me as to what changes to the crossover I need to implement in order to use the 8545 for this speaker design? The only other speaker I've been able to find on the net using these drivers is at:

http://www.audiocostruzioni.com/a_d/diffusori/scan-revelator/scan-revelator.htm

Any other suggestions?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.