Scan-Speak has a new line: The Ellipticor

And if you take that into account, you'll realize the revelators are much more linear, they don't introduce any peaks above the used range, they just fall of nicely and uneventful. That makes them so much easier to handle.

Ok with the rest, but i repeat, don't care a damn about axial response: never listen on axis, always, the worst possible axis...:D

PD: In mono, i listen on axis, but in 1 speaker mono mode only. In stereo toein minimum 15 to 30º so **** the on axis useless 0º response!

Last edited:
Bah, you simply jalous. Ols classic 18W8545 probably just good enough for you...;)

:D Yeah ... I like to grab things at the lighter end.... Right now (on a request from a friend, who already bought those despite my warning) I try to tame THESE to work with an SB 26STAC. :confused:

Attachments

• graf-6in SB17NAC35-8.jpg
    graf-6in SB17NAC35-8.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 336

ICG

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Ok with the rest, but i repeat, don't care a damn about axial response: never listen on axis, always, the worst possible axis...:D

PD: In mono, i listen on axis, but in 1 speaker mono mode only. In stereo toein minimum 15 to 30º so **** the on axis useless 0º response!

That's like saying "my week only consists of sundays". Or "I only drive the straights, I just leave out the bends". :rolleyes:

Like I said, you can't just magical wish the other angle responses away. It's probably new to you but even these add up to the tonal balance - because you've got also reflections in the room! Ofcourse that can be neglected if you've got an infinitely big room (without floor) or perfect absorption. You really never heard about the energy balance? (don't know if that's the correct term, 'Energiebilanz' in German) There is actually an energy balance in the room, if you've really never heard about that, now here's the ideal time and reason to start learning something new. Ignoring physics doesn't make them go away. Really. ;)

You really never heard about the energy balance? (don't know if that's the correct term, 'Energiebilanz' in German) There is actually an energy balance in the room, if you've really never heard about that, now here's the ideal time and reason to start learning something new. Ignoring physics doesn't make them go away. Really. ;)

Ach so? Loudspeaker gestalt? What's wrong with the elipsoid gestalt zo...?:rolleyes:

Last edited: