SB Acoustics SB29 or Peerless HDS for 1.5khz Xover?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I tried the Nomex mids as low at 1.4khz but it didn't help. They just have a very dry, non-musical sound, IMO. I am still running 3 of the Nomex woofers in parallel for my bass section of my speakers, crossed over at 150hz to the SEAS Nextel midrange driver. I'm pretty sure the 5 inch Nomex driver will have a very similar sound to the 7 inch driver. On the other hand, that dry, analytical character makes them great on bass duties.

One cool thing I can do with the DEQX is mute any driver, or any number of driver combinations, and so it's easy for me to mute the mids and highs, so I can listen to the bass drivers in isolation. Or, I can mute the bass and tweeters and listen to just the mids. With the 1khz crossover, it's quite surprising just how much info is making it to the tweeter. There's even quite a bit of bass harmonics that can be heard through the tweeter when listening to it in isolation.

After listening for a few days, the RS28F just gets better and better. Listening to Imogen Cooper play Schubert's Piano Sonata D958, a live recording. Sound is absolutely great, and it is equally great when I'm sitting off to the side, sitting in the sweeter spot, or walking around my home.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.