• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

SB Acoustics Satori Monitor

The commercial version will come out in november.
That is what i heard from SB. It will be a kit but the cabinet is factory build.
It is nearly impossible to build a cabinet like that for an amateur.
I have shown a chip board version as an alternative.
It has a different crossover schematic.
Here is the pair i sell.
Sorry for the poor photos.
My son has taken them with his cell phone.
They have collected some fingerprints that can be wiped of.
They are like new otherwise.
The drivers are mounted and the wires come out in the back.
There is no crossover but i will include a schematic.

Attachments

• Kalasan 1.jpg
    Kalasan 1.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 1,992
  • Kalasan 2.jpg
    Kalasan 2.jpg
    295.1 KB · Views: 1,947
The commercial version will come out in november.
That is what i heard from SB. It will be a kit but the cabinet is factory build.
It is nearly impossible to build a cabinet like that for an amateur.
I have shown a chip board version as an alternative.
It has a different crossover schematic.
Here is the pair i sell.
Sorry for the poor photos.
My son has taken them with his cell phone.
They have collected some fingerprints that can be wiped of.
They are like new otherwise.
The drivers are mounted and the wires come out in the back.
There is no crossover but i will include a schematic.

Awesome, but what will be price shipped to USA ? LoL

How ever, if you don't mind sharing design PM me, i am sure i can build them ... But - if answer is NO, i understand :)

Sorry, i can not give out the CNC data for this cabinet.
I got payed by SB to design it with Michael Böresen so they own the design.
What price are you thinking about ?

OK, I understand ...

Well, i don't even have price in my mind, and i am DIY guy - i dont have money for speakers like this beauties ... But i am sure there is guys in line ready to get them ...

Maybe i can make it for emty cabinets but whole thing - i just cant @ this moment

Thnx Joachim for answering my questions ... I live in Germany for 10 years - US Army - you know, moved back to USA 2 years ago, if i am still in Germany on Gov. Pay - i will get them in no time, but having mortgage for spanking new house is hard to keep money on pile for something like that ... Will be awesome to own a piece build personally by You, but i just cant do it ...

Have a great day :)

I understand the secrecy of CNC data. But could you offer us the baffle dimensions and overall cabinet volume?

Yeah, i wish i have just a drawing with dimensions, BUT - if he sold design, - forget about it ...

Just a hint of design wont help too much - cuz there are braces inside, and also unique bass reflex port ... Something like miniature simplified th-4001 :) I like that port a lot ...

I hope one day a clone plans will show up :)

Good way of doing it. In the original Audio Physic Virgo i had a decoupled tweeter on 3 pieces of foam rubber. It made a difference to the sound.
I just would like to remind everybody that the official Satori Monitor Kit needs an
8 OHM WOOFER, and NOT a 4 OHM WOOFER:
I do not know why, but there was some confusion about it.
SB is now working out the details, for example how to fit the crossover.
The space inside the monitor is spars so we decided on a aluminum terminal at the back that also carries the crossover.
Cabinets are ordered and will be available soon.

Do you all have anymore details about how the crossover will be delivered with this kit? Will there be diagram with layout suggestions etc?

Thanks,
Robert

I have recently finished a set of Satori speakers - inspired by among others this thread. I ended up building them in a floorstanding version due to design issues (wife). The top section is 22 liters sealed. I am pleased with the sound which is very detailed and extremely dynamic.

I call the speakers SB Satori PDX. The PDX is for PC Digital XO. After finshing the cabinets, measurements decided the correct delay between speaker units, fase was linearized for each unit and frequency corrected to the desired response. This is all software settings in in the PC XO. The music signal is routed to a multichannel DAC, feeding power amplifiers in an active system. So each speaker unit has a separate signal path all the way from the PC.

The room in the lower part of the speaker cabinet is 27 liter, and this now allows me to build in bass units to relieve my old subwoofer from duty. Speaker units considered are the 10" SB29SWNRX-S75-6. As an alternative 2 Monacor SPH-225C could substitute one 10" unit. I have never heard the Monacor units, but rumours say they provide a very deep and detailed bass.

Any suggestions or comments are welcome.

Attachments

• 2014_07_07_1182.jpg
    2014_07_07_1182.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 1,758
  • 2014_07_07_1180.jpg
    2014_07_07_1180.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 1,726
I recently bought Joachims Kalasan speakers he had for sale here. The Crossover has to be built in a separate enclosure, because there not much room in the speaker cabinet, they are pretty small, actually, but really beautiful and obviously very well built with excellent damping.
Today I had a first listen and all all I can say is I am really floored. I never heard a speaker with such a high resolution.
Okay, my experience with audiophile Monitors is limited, but I am running a small recording place and so I heard and used quite a few high end studio monitors (Klein Hummel, Geithain, PSI) and I can say that this small speaker is better than most of them concerning dynamics, imaging and resolution. Features you really need in a Monitor. Of course it is lacking in the bass department, I am measuring usable lowed to maybe 60 HZ, but just listening to music I am not missing much, but if these are going to be my main mixing monitors (And it looks like that), I will probably need a sub for them. (DIY recommendations are very welcome:)
By the way, I like the sound best with both ports closed, the bass is really tight then and I do not hear more usable deep bass with the ports open, only what is already there gets louder but also a little blurry.
These are only first impressions, I will see, how they grow on me.
Tobias

These are phenomenal drivers. I hope Joachim is correct and they are working on an 8". I noticed they recently released a 5" version. Talk about extension. Have yet to find a woofer that I think fits the bill. Trolls ATS design would be very interesting, as Linesource suggested. As a moniter crossed to a sub, they are pretty spectacular.