• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Salas low shunt Group-design by Salas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
I did the layout for low shunt Salas, just watch and comment me!
Thank you all!

Pm: on PCb have 5 shunt supply, you can separate them
2. x 1.5 to 5V
2 x 5 to 35V
1 x -5V to -35V

Looking at the layout, it's not the latest 1.2 version, what's the plan about the new boards ?

As I can see is the same version like the 1st GB: V1.0 remote sense.

For +5Vout you need 9VAC transformer, are you using this tx?

For +-15Vout you need 15VAC transformer, are you using this tx?

When you can post pics.

i used 12vac transformer and i take 15volt output and i adjust don`t work.

the led l4 don`t light up.

do you know where is the schematic to try to figure out what is wrong?

unfortunately i didn`t find a camera yet.

I´m building two regs and aim for 35Vout. In the position q4 on the board there should be a bc550 transistor, but I have the bc546 availible. As far as I understand from searching the forum they are quite similar. I read from the datasheet that the 550 have higher Hfe (depending on samples and all that) and the 546 higher Vmax. Is it ok to use the bc546 in position "q4"?

I did not really follow the thread lately, so I pop up just to report another success. Attached the picture of the +-12 V and +5V for my dual mono buffalo + legato.

The 12V are biased at 340mA for a load of 240mA and the 5V is biased around 830mA for a load around 500mA. The latter gets a bit hot, the heatsink is around 55 C.

My only remark is that if you leave the Quanchao boards in a drawer for long, like I did, then they are a bit hard to solder, as they get oxidized pretty quickly.

Thanks,

Davide

Attachments

• IMG_0416.jpg
    IMG_0416.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 474
My Quanghao PCBs had some "film" on the solder pads.
It had to be scrubbed off and soapy water cleaned before soldering. The first board I tried without cleaning was a near disaster.
Bad PCBs
The double sided PCB is not through hole plated. Another bad mark.
The pads are not heat resistantly secured to the GRP substrate. More bad marks.
The PCB designer does not respond to feedback. That is not good service.

I did not really follow the thread lately, so I pop up just to report another success. Attached the picture of the +-12 V and +5V for my dual mono buffalo + legato.

The 12V are biased at 340mA for a load of 240mA and the 5V is biased around 830mA for a load around 500mA. The latter gets a bit hot, the heatsink is around 55 C.

My only remark is that if you leave the Quanchao boards in a drawer for long, like I did, then they are a bit hard to solder, as they get oxidized pretty quickly.

Thanks,

Davide

Davide

Did you experience any V out instability with the shunt????

Did you modify the board according to discussion on this thread or running it in stock configuration ???

I am noticing that it is unusually difficult to solder these boards. I don't observe any film and thought that the gold would prevent oxidation. I will try washing the next one to see if there is a difference. Most of the drill sizes seem too large, but the holes are plated through. Perhaps Andrew T yours are as well ? You might have been looking at the ventilation holes which of course are not connected electrically and therefor not plated through.

I have looked at all the holes. None are PTH.
I have lifted pads because they are not PTH.
I have lifted pads because they do not adhere well at soldering temperatures.

FWIW- my experience has been different. I have completed and tested two boards (+/- 24V), and nearly completed soldering two more boards. My boards have PTH, no film, and I have had no problems with soldering or lifted pads.

Perhaps the boards were produced in two or more separate batches?

My Quanghao PCBs had some "film" on the solder pads.
It had to be scrubbed off and soapy water cleaned before soldering. The first board I tried without cleaning was a near disaster.
Bad PCBs
The double sided PCB is not through hole plated. Another bad mark.
The pads are not heat resistantly secured to the GRP substrate. More bad marks.
The PCB designer does not respond to feedback. That is not good service.

I know this feedback is very important!
I will repair it in this round!
Thanks, and I promise to do better!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.