Salas hotrodded blue DCB1 build

Before i mount my lvl 1 hot rodded dcb1 into the chassis, i was wondering if it would be better to use the bottom of my chassis (bottom alu sheet measures ~ 350mm x 430mm x 4mm thickness) as the heatsink instead of the heatsinks that i'm using right now. I realize with these heatsinks i can only rest my finger there for at most 5 seconds - it is really quite hot.

IMG_2162.jpg

By lvl1, did you mean using 10 ohm resistors for 200 mA?

Before i mount my lvl 1 hot rodded dcb1 into the chassis, i was wondering if it would be better to use the bottom of my chassis (bottom alu sheet measures ~ 350mm x 430mm x 4mm thickness) as the heatsink instead of the heatsinks that i'm using right now. I realize with these heatsinks i can only rest my finger there for at most 5 seconds - it is really quite hot.

Joined 2009
Paid Member

IMG_2162.jpg

Would it be a good idea to heatsink the 10 ohm caddocks?

DC offset and Vout are excellent. The sinks are small, will get hotter if you will put it in a closed box. Those Mosfets are tough, but watch that it will be safe. Did you listen at all by now, in what system?

OK, i finished my DCB1, and

Output offset is: Right -1.2 mV and Left -12.5 mV

On Test points i have: -10.21V 197.6mA and +10.28V 224.1mA

On 10R i have: 2.080V 276.2mA and 2.323V 315.7mA

What can be problem ?

Those tell me 208mA & 232mA.

Measure again the -12.5mV offset. If its there still, its the only issue and that side will need better JFETS matching.

Thanx !

Measured again, same thing, i put ANOTHER set of "matched" JFETs - and results are diferent but still way diferent what should be - thanx to guys who are selling "matched" quads .. !

Will try again, maybe will solder sockets and test diferent JFETs until i got what i need ...

There are no 0.71mA K170BL, you probably got 7.1mA and 7.2mA. The offset you mention is amongst the best reported IF it is mV. There can't be a voltage offset in mA, that's current.

Right, i am too tired this evening, desoldering, soldering, measuring, matching etc ...

JFETs are 2x 7.71mA and 2x7.72mA ...

B U T ...

You are right, i was measuring mA on output - not voltage ...

on Outpur voltage is: -1.3mV and 6.9mV :-(

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Is the amp you gonna drive DC input? Or it has a capacitor? The goal is under 5mV offset in order not to be highly multiplied by a DC input amp. Last chance with the JFETS you got, mutually exchange positions in those two associated with the 6.9mV offset. Maybe you luck out and they will fall a bit more, or they simply go higher offset and you put them back as they were.