Salas hotrodded blue DCB1 build

This thought has me curious... I purchased a pair of spendy .22uF Jensen Copper/Paper/Oil caps. I got in the mail a pair of .022uF Jensen Copper/Paper/Oil caps. I called and advised and now I have the pair of .22uF Jensen

The seller would have to pay for the shipping to have me send him back the .022uF Jensen. I called him and told him if he gave me a deal I'd buy the .022uf and save him the $ to ship them back

So thinking about just running the .22 and .022 uF parallel on each channel. just silicone glue the .022 piggy back on the .22 and solder parallel.

Thanks for the info. Fitted a couple of mundorf supreme silver/oil 0.33uf today.. Will see if that makes some change :) And also "hotrodded" a bit :)

Attachments

• mcap.JPG
    mcap.JPG
    548.3 KB · Views: 334
Yes I know.. I have 3 of them in parallell right now and some mills.... to get close to the desired value...
Anyway:
Well that was in my closet.. Have some good resistors in order.. Will fix that..

The NOS beyschlag carbonfilms sound so nice in my tube gear.. Actually I sometimes prefer them to Audio Note 2w tantalums..
In my 12b4a preamp I test I use 2 of the beyschlags in parallell. They should dissipate 2.25w according to my math and they get quite hot yes..

Last edited:
So I downloaded the free version of Sketchup yesterday and this is what materialized from the ideas in my head. I have already ordered the Zebrawood from woodcraft.com and i am in the process of working with cut2sizemetals.com for the copper. The copper will be .125 (1/8) inch thick and the zebrawood is 1/2 X 3 inch. The "bar" on the bottom of the front panel is 1/2in pure copper. The front panel will also have a large volume knob (haven't decided on material yet) and a small LED. The back panel will have a fused IEC inlet and RCA jacks.

If you haven't tried any 3-D graphics program, "Sketchup" seems to be a good place to start. I learned the software in a half hour and had this model made shorty after.

Oh yeah, the top plate will have to be machined to have vents. I am working in AutoCAD right now to give to a local company or 'Front Panel Express'.

Any comments or ideas would be appreciated.

-Madison

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 302
  • Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 250
Here is the layout for the top cover. I think this will look amazing in lightly polished pure copper... And being 1/8in thick isn't too shabby either..

Finally placed an order for a fully shielded and encapsulated toroidal transformer (80VA 2X15V) from SumR.

The transformer will take around 2 weeks to arrive, so in the mean time I will focus my efforts on my chassis and a few other things.

Attachments

• Untitled3.jpg
    Untitled3.jpg
    328.4 KB · Views: 246
Hi,

I'm back to thinking I'll run my DCB1 with a Pot on the input side of the DBC1. I was thinking of the Khozmo 25K to keep the input impedance a little higher and friendlier on the way into the preamp I'm building.... I think the 25K is a little on the higher end of the recommended range with that recommended range being more 10K - 20K.

Is the 25K ok?