Salas hotrodded blue DCB1 build

I need a little help.......

I just completed a build of the DCB1 using the new black PCB and it appears that I have an oscillation problem (at least I think I do.....)

I'm running 10R/6.5W (200ma config), mosfets bolted to the floor with kapton insulators, and my DC voltages are +10.22/-10.25VDC. I've got a 10K stepped attenuator before the input. The DC voltages out of the power supply section are rock solid and look very clean.

I see the attached scope trace (same behavior) on both channels. This is with the output disconnected, and with a 150K R across the outputs, any suggestions?

Thanks

Attachments

• DCB1.JPG
    DCB1.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 293
Never seen that before. At what level did you set your generator?

It's set at 50 ohm Z out, and from very low output from the generator all the way up to clipping of the DCB1 (by cranking up the output of the generator) the wave looks like the picture (at different amplitudes of course). I tried two different scope probes as well, as a sanity check.

Last edited:
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
There have been some better reports, depends on your amp's gain & if its input is DC coupled. In general under 5mV its largely innocent though not perfectionist. Some just swap positions between the audio JFETs pair for each channel to see if they can strike it less when they already had used their best matches. It can even end up more that way though. Lucky shot if you got the curiosity.