• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Russian Tube ID

I have a Russian tube that looks like it might be a dual pentode in a 9-pin package, with a husky pentode and what looks to be a lower power pentode. the number looks like it might be 6P4P, though I'm not sure about the cyrillic character at the end. Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Here is a chart which might help.

Attachments

•  Equivalent Ru-EU-US Tube Numbers.jpg
    Equivalent Ru-EU-US Tube Numbers.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 95
I was thinking of using this in a headphone amplifiier, but a lot would depend on the characteristics of the small pentode. Both tubes are rather slippery in terms of transconductance (especially the larger pentode, as it appears to be designed for video amp duty), so a partial "Schade" feedback scheme might be a bit problematic without some compensation for the inner loop.

Last edited:
The comparison table in post 2 was published by me in Glass Audio some 30 years ago.

At the time Russian tubes were new to us and it was hard to find cyrillic characters for my
computer (probably CPM or early MS-DOS). It was Volume 7 Number 5 1995.

Somebody added the red numbers. I am not responsible for anything concerning these red
additions.

Edit : this comparison table appeared in a later issue I think.

Last edited:
Probably equivalent to european EFL200 / PFL200
https://frank.pocnet.net/sheets/010/p/PFL200.pdf

although it can be used for A.G.C the small signal pentode is imho not a remote cutoff;
that gm varies between 2 and 8 mA/V between 1 ... 10 mA plate current does not necessarily mean it is remote;
an EF80 behaves similarly

the translated russian d.s. has no curves though ...

Attachments

• 6R4P_1.jpg
    6R4P_1.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 6R4P_2.jpg
    6R4P_2.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 6R4P_3.jpg
    6R4P_3.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 26