Rough idea for SEOS 12 in a TV pedestal sound bar

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here's the enclosure beginnings. Notice the still drying pink putty.

sbBOX_zpsfce32e95.jpg

Waiting for the first coat of semi gloss black to dry, I thought I'd use AllenB's "Introduction to designing crossovers without measurement" as a starting point for xover for the sub to mid, and mid to tweeter.

Info for the sub Dayton Audio SD215A-88 8" DVC Subwoofer

For the sub impedance flattening: R=4ohms C=72uf per coil
(Does the R always have to be on the positive leg and cap on the neg leg? It seems that using an inductor for 2nd order xover, then using the cap on the pos leg down to R then to neg leg might work better)

2nd order inductor xover at 161hz= 4mH

Info for 5" mid Dayton Audio PA130-8 5" Full Range PA Driver
In a sealed 0.07ft3 box the F3 should be 161hz, which will be my xover for the low end.

Impedance flattening for the 5" highs: R=8.8ohms C=10uf

2nd order inductor at 2300hz= .55mH or so.

The tweeter, EOS6 and DNA 150, I'll use a 4ohm R across it.
2nd order values would be C=13uf L= .36mH

These will be good places to start.

Been playing with xovers for the mid driver and tweeter with HolmImpulse.

Here's some graphs. What have I missed? What what other ways to measure that'll make a difference?

Mic was 21" away from speaker, 44" off floor.
One side only.

Impulse Gating 10ms

Raw FR:

Each driver measured separately, mic was about an inch or so from mouth or cone:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

After I get these 2 drivers close I'll start on the sub.

Been playing with the xover on and off.
The clear tape seals the box so I can open and close it easily
I may be building a new 6" wider box and about 1/2" less tall. Wider should make the stereo separation better.
Integrating the sub has been more difficult than I thought.

After learning more about phase I think I would have selected better, 2X more expensive drivers. But cost was a factor.

TVSprotoLOrez_zps1ae319e2.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.