• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Rogers Cadet III Schematics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
DanDini said:
Does anyone have any or some idea of the similarity between the II and III?

According to "Audio! Audio" by Jonathan Hill, the Cadet II uses the same output valves (ECL86) as the Cadet III, but the III produces 10W instead of 6W, and the distortion is 0.8% instead of 0.25%. That suggests that the II might be biassed more nearly into Class A than the III and probably sounds better. I haven't seen (or heard) a II.

I have a mk3 in the kitchen running from a USB soundcard . Several nasty things about the Cadet :

1 . The grounding
2. Cracked carbon resistors everywhere
3. Single cathode resistor on the output valves
4. Small transformers
5. Availability of decent ECL86

I've totally rebuilt mine replacing all the resistors , diodes and caps . The caps are now under the chassis and the heat shield removed . Pre amp went on Ebay . Re-routed the earthing and powered each screen supply from a gyrator circuit , output stage uses separate cathode resistors/caps . Also added an LND150 CCS to the input stage in place of the 220k resistor . It doesn't sound too bad now , not exactly a bandwidth monster though

cheers

316a

Strange as this may seem, I have a set sitting on my desk right now. Since I seem to be getting regular requests for these schematics, I thought I'd best do several copies the last time I was asked. Drop me a line via the link below.

The parts list is on the back page of the manual. I can also send schematics for the PU adaptor to be adapted for magnetic pickups.

Paul [/B]

Thanks so much to Paul - who has now sent me copies of the schematics. Very useful and with some nice history attached in the form of an old letter from an ex-Rogers engineer.

Thanks a million!

Dan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.