Roender's FC-100 prototype and builder's thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I saw a .5uH inductor plus the standard zobel in the original FC-100 schema ?

Some of the PCB creations left these out , perhaps to finally apply it to the
output terminals (external circuit).

The FC-100 just has shunt compensation in the VAS , otherwise it is the
same as all others. LRC at output is just to keep your speaker wires from
becoming antenna's (RF).

OS

Hi Rudi, long time no see:) Your new group buy inspired me to finally finished this amplifier. I have just biased both channels and both fired up no problems. I was quite nervous about this amp as it seems to be a bit finicky. I triple checked every thing I did and I had no need for the Shottky diode. Bias is extremely stable once the amplifier has warmed up and the dc offset is 1.2mV and 0mV. The output transistors are your matched sets. I matched the rest myself.
I used a Mr Evil cap multiplier and I have lugs for pre reg and post, so I can decide which is better. I have only used 12000uF for each rail on the cap multipliers.
All I have to do now is finish the casework, its mostly done, but need a few more holes to mount the boards and 3 transformers.
I also need to decide if I use the L//R outputs. I probably will, but I need to make another visit to the electronics shop to get the wire and resistors. I need to figure out how to mount this on the binding post but should'nt be too hard.
This has taken 2 years, I got sidetracked and made a few HP amps and DAC, so its long overdue. I will post impressions when its finally built.

pics of one channel on the bench.

Attachments

• 20160723_171624.jpg
    20160723_171624.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 431
I finished this amp a while ago and could turn it off. It sounded so good I got out my old music collection and listened all night. I cant really easily describe the sound, but bass was huge. Very good dynamics, yet smooth, I think of these as opposites, but that's what it is to my ears:) Transparent is another word that comes to mind.
Mihai, not sure if you are on this thread but a big thanks, this is a very good design, and you are a very talented designer.
Also a thanks to Rudi, without your help I would not have made this amplifier.

Mihai, not sure if you are on this thread but a big thanks, this is a very good design, and you are a very talented designer.
Also a thanks to Rudi, without your help I would not have made this amplifier.

Luke, I'm glad you love it.
As i said some time ago, I'm over with amplifier designs because I don't feel any need to improve this amp.
Enjoy the life while listening good music through FC100!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.