Roender's FC-100 prototype and builder's thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Patrick,

Version 0, the prototype, proves to be absolutely stable and produces a excitingly beautiful sound.
ZSAUDIO and I myself built it.

Version 1, the version that I will offer in the forthcoming group-buy, will include the well-known DX PSU and be as versatile as I could manage.

I will send you an EMail.

Best regards - Rudi

I did not do any special trick. Just turn the Ibias pot down to zero R before you turn the amp on. Rudi had some issues with his NJL's TC diodes you can read about it some pages back.
It's safe to insert some curren limiter (big wattage resistors or light bulb) in serial with the backend's PSU but be careful to feed enough current to set up the amp properly.
You can test your amp for thermal stability and if you have problem with it just increase your Re 0,15-0,22R.
zsaudio:)

I bought two of these beauties(2 x 27Vac/8A) only not for this amp or..........

Attachments

• R_Core%202x27V-8A.jpg
    R_Core%202x27V-8A.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 600
What about r-core transformers what is getting more and more popular in the audio field.
If you google "r-core transformer" you get a lots of ebay sales. And there's Seletronic in France who offers a wind range.
Just curious what's your feelings about it guys.
zsaudio;)

R-cores transformers don't become "more and more popular in the audio field", they were designed with the audio target in mind :)

Last edited:
R-cores transformers don't become "more and more popular in the audio field", they were designed with the audio target in mind :)

Yes that can be true but even nowdays i can not see them in commercial products not so often. I know several ones use it.
When i swaped for r-core transformator me and my friends we heard the difference. Some people would say this is subjective and i'd get a BS flag.
Anyway i'd like to hear your experiences guys.
;)

Yes that can be true but even nowdays i can not see them in commercial products not so often. I know several ones use it.
When i swaped for r-core transformator me and my friends we heard the difference. Some people would say this is subjective and i'd get a BS flag.
Anyway i'd like to hear your experiences guys.
;)

In my experience, given a resolute audio system, R-core transformer (vs other types) makes a very big difference in noise floor level and could bring up microdetails, things that are measurable and not BS :)

Last edited:
In my experience, given a resolute audio system, R-core transformer (vs other types) makes a very big difference in noise floor level and could bring up microdetails, things that are measurable and not BS :)

I'm happy that i'm not alone with my findings.

I did buy them from VT67 and he bought them I think from a german company. bought them for 45 Euro each.
Can I use them in the FC100?

I think you can use that but tune the frontend voltage to your rised backend voltage according to Mihai's recommendations on the PSU.( see the orig rmi-fc100 thread)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.