• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Roender'S FC-100 - Group Buy

Luke: my current "SoftPowerOn" & "TemperatureControl" - PCB does no longer support a LCD-display.

So: do not worry about a feature that is not supported anymore.

The four 10.000µF (6.3V) electrolytic capacitors are part of a mains DC-filter!

Best regards - Rudi

Attachments

• SPO.png
    SPO.png
    27 KB · Views: 284
Here's the SPO board with the 12VAC transformer section outlined on both sides. I think the CL2-5.0R-12 mentioned above can be made to work with some new holes and wiring. I initially got the specified Tamura and it's a no-go!

BK

I received the CL2-5.0R-12 transformer today. Looks like it will work well after drilling two new holes in the PCB + some minor under-board wiring. It's not as tall as it appears in the pics and fits within the silkscreen outline. This kludge likely applies to a minority of builders with a certain board rev + 115V line voltage (cf. the PCB pic).

p.s. it's my birthday today, so nice gift for me!

BK

Attachments

• 1-IMG_3206.JPG
    1-IMG_3206.JPG
    528.1 KB · Views: 244
  • 1-IMG_3208.JPG
    1-IMG_3208.JPG
    364.2 KB · Views: 237
  • 2-IMG_3209.JPG
    2-IMG_3209.JPG
    415.8 KB · Views: 223
Luke: my current "SoftPowerOn" & "TemperatureControl" - PCB does no longer support a LCD-display.

So: do not worry about a feature that is not supported anymore.

The four 10.000µF (6.3V) electrolytic capacitors are part of a mains DC-filter!

Best regards - Rudi

hi Rudi, I still prefer the simplicity and size of the older board, anyway, that ship has sailed. This board is better than the chinese ebay boards so i will likely buy one. Is there a transformer from Mouser available for it?

I am back home again and like to summarise the current FC-100 order - see image 1.
The order includes:

1) the FC-100 amplifier PCB (image 2). Its size is 247 x 84mm.
If you do not like the MUR rectifiers being on the PCB, use an external full-bridge rectifier and solder a solid wire as shown on the image (yellow track).

2) the Frontend-PSU.
When I offered you my dual LT3062-PSU as the FC-100 frontend-PSU, I did not mention, how tiny the LT3062 regulator is (image 3).
I doubt that all of you will be able to solder such a tiny device.
I will therefore offer you 2 of the original FC-100 frontend shunt-regulators, which have been designed by Mihai. See image 5.

3) the SoftPowerOn & TemperatureControl - PCB (see image 4).
The SPO-PCB will delimit the inrush-current to a value determined by the "inrush-resistors" for about 0.5 seconds. Then mains will then flow unhindered.
Moreover it is able to monitor the temperature of a heatsink and will turn a DUO-LED red, if a threshhold-temperature (50°C) is exceeded.

Mihai Rauta'S FC-100 is an extraordinarily good-sounding (!!) amplifier.
My own version (image 5) is using two torodial transformers 2x25VAC / 225VA. It uses Mihais shunts and the SPO (on top of the two transformers).

Please take care to use well matched transistors!
It would be best if one of you orders the needed transistors (NJW, 2SA, 2SC. 2SK170, ...) for all of you and measures and matches them. I may be able and tell him, where to buy the transistors.

If you have any questions: post it in this thread.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

P.S.: Image 5 is showing Mihais Frontend-Shunt. Its size is 75 x 75mm.

Hi Rudi

My idea was to compare both front end power supplies. So if it will be possible I will order 2 of your dual LT3062-PSU and two of the original FC-100 shunt regulator.

Depending on how big this group buy will be, I maybe do the matching of transistors for all participants

Kind Regards

Phil

Phil, thank you for your willingness to match the transistors.
I will send you a PM in the course of this day.

I have attached an image of the current order showing the prices.
Please transfer the total price of your order to my PAYPAL-account: RRozek@t-online.de

This groupbuy is closed now, and I do not accept any new order.

Attachments

• order.PNG
    order.PNG
    13.9 KB · Views: 280
Gentlemen, each FC-100 PCB needs 4 pcs. of 2SA1360 and 5 pcs. of 2SC3423 - transistors.
These transistors are no longer produced, but I know that Joshvi has a couple of them left and will offer you the 9 transistors per PCB for 9€.

Joshvi and I agreed that I transfer him 90€ for 10 sets of transistors, he will then send me the transistors and I will put 2 sets into each of the packages.

So the total sum of each of your orders will increase by 18€.
Is this procedure o.k. for you?

I will check, if Mihai has recommended to match the 2SA / 2SC transitors.

Best regards - Rudi_RAtlos

To quote Joshvi himself from last time he organized the transistors:

Hi Rudi,
I know Rudi. Sorry for that. I finally managed to get very close 27 NP matched pairs from almost 700-750pairs of 2sc3423/2sa 1360 from five different sources /production batches.

Information to all

Agreed to to do the matching because I had 450 pairs of 2sc3423/2sa1360 with me. These are the leftovers of my stock bought from Tohri corporation, japan three years back. But when started the matching I am not able to found a single cross matched (NP) pair from these. Very easy to get NN or PP matched pairs. Each channel requires one NP (Q19-Q20) ,One NN(Q18-Q21),one PP( Q16-Q14) matched pairs. 2sa 1360 has hfe between 135-150 and 2sc3423 has hfe between 175-210.

So checked my stock and found some bought from KP components, Canada and BG electronics Germany. But no luck, same issue.

I bought small numbers each from different sellers of yahoo auctions and wakamatsu trade japan. Finally found some very good NP pairs.

NJL0281/NJL0302

The same problem. Gain of NJL0281 is between 87-93 but NJL0302 is 126-133. I bought these from mouser. I contacted Rochester electronics but No samples, minimum order is 250 USD.

The samples ordered directly from Onsemi website have same problem. So no way to get cross matched pairs.

I will ship the packets on Monday directly to your paypal address to avoid further delay (except ARCHIDEA1 as Rudi said)

Each stereo set contain two NNN and PPP matched NJL pairs (not cross matched) and two singles.All bought from mouser, four 2sc3423 NN matched pairs (all from Tohri, japan), Three 2sc1360 PP matched pairs (all from Tohri, japan), and two 2sc3423/2sa1360 NP matched pairs ( from different sources).

Sorry for the delay.

best Regards
Joshvi

So I am ok with that, but matched would be really great. I am happy to pay more for matched transistors.

Regards,

Fabian

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hi Rudi,

OK by me for the transistors. Will you be updating the the total cost in the spreadsheet, (assuming changes in ebay tax and shipping cost), or do we just add 18 euro and complete the Paypal transaction.

Thank you for all your help and patience in making this happen.

Note: Please do not ship to my Paypal address in Mexico. I would probably not receive the product for at least 4 months (or not at all). I will PM you the address in Canada to ship to.

Regards,

Myles

Find attached an update of the current order.

There are 2 more components that are "hard to get": the matched quad of 2SK170 (the input differential transistors) and MPC74 0R10 emitter resistors.

If you like, I will order for all of you quads of 2SK170 from here:
4x Toshiba Original 2SK170BL (2 Matched pairs) | eBay

I know Alweit since many years; his transistors are perfectly matched.

I will order the MPC74 0R10 resistors from here:

https://www.buerklin.com/de/metallbandwiderstand/p/36e451
(Please note: Buerklin is showing the net price!)

Tell me, if you want me to order these 2 components for you.
Please PAYPAL me, after my "special component offer" has been agreed by you.

Attachments

• order.PNG
    order.PNG
    17.5 KB · Views: 235
Philipp23 has offered to measure / match the NJL output-transistors.

I recommend you to order 7 pcs. (even 8??) of each NJL0281DG and NJL0302DG (allthough you only need 6 pcs. of each).
On the one hand Philipp than has a "bigger pool" to select / match the needed triples, on the other hand he will give you 1 piece of each as "backup" in case you "kill" a transistor.

The transistors are available from MOUSER.
Please give Philipp your o.k. to order and match the transistors for you.
Philipp will then give you the price you need to PAYPAL him and will finally send me the matched triples to include them into your FC-100 parcels.

Philipp: is this procedure o.k. for you?