Rod Elliot 100W amp suggestions?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Toshiba 2SA1302/C3281

To all of you who wishes to use the Toshiba 2SA1302/C3281 pair, please be informed that Toshiba has discontinued these pair and replaced them with a new line, can't remember the exact numbers but you all can check at the Toshiba website.

Also, there's a lot of fake Toshiba transistors being sold especially the 1302/3281 pair!

If you need TO3 (metal case) vs. TO3P or the other big plastic package, look into the MJ21193 / MJ21194. These do not appear to have the "extended beta" performance to the same extent as the 1302/3281 pairs, but they look good and have a higher PD and SOA - i.e. really rugged devices.

Michael

(sorry, I hit send before I finished adding the following to my previous post!)

Also, Doug Self had kind words to say about the matching between the MJ4502 and the MJ802. These are older devices and should be as cheap as the 3055/2955 pair with better overall performance. They are in the TO3 metal case, though.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.