rockford RF X3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i changed out the 1 ohm resistor with a through hole one i had here and it worked and it fired up and plays nicely. even the little adjustment screen lit up and i can adjust low/high pass and a few other options

does the fact that it plays music mean that the transistor at Q16 is good?

why would one little resistor stop it from working what is that transistor doing?

is this a D class amp?

R12 and Q16 are in series. R32 and Q13 are in series. These two pairs of components operate in parallel to supply power to the regulators. The current passing through them was too much (for some reason) and in one pair, the resistor opened. In the other pair, the transistor opened. You need to replace both resistors and both transistors.

If either of the series components (resistor or transistor) opens, the current flow stops. The resistor opened in one pair and the transistor opened in the other pair. This completely cut off the current flow.

one last question then ill leave this thread alone the power supply and output FETs are all between .485 and .498. i need to order parts anyway for this should i replace some or all of these?

the fact that these measure beyond the .5-.9 am i right in assuming that this indicates they are worn out but not failed. does it work like that?

also do you know if this is a D class amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.