Rockford punch 201S

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It would be a shame to put those speakers in an environment that they may not survive. They are (were) highly desired. You may be able to sell them and buy a pair of subs. They even have their own wikipedia page.
Pioneer HPM-100 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have my 201S now. I made a mistake the power supply is not blown has the original pwr supply devices (irf3205). Any one channel was shorted and had DC going through the left terminal. I replaced the irf540 & 9540 with another set of fets and it plays but with static. I checked MPSA06 & MPSA56 for that channel, those transistors seemed to be good. Next, is what i noticed when i was measuring the resistance for R150 & R152 (R152 had a measuring of 799 while the other was reading 11) Also R23 gets very, very hot near the transformer. Is that normal?

R150 is open and will have to be replaced before you can do any more troubleshooting.

R23 gets hot. Unless it's so hot that it's desoldering itself, I wouldn't be concerned.

Is R150 suppose to be around 10 ohms? I checked the remainder resistors from the good channel and those read 10 ohms. It's just R152 that is connected to Q115 that has a reading in the 700's. lmk what to do next.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.