Rockford Punch 100ix

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a clean signal at C109 and C209 at all times no matter what.

I hit the amp up and down against the bench and tapped on numorous components with a wood handled wire brush. Nothing seemed to make a difference, still no signal.

I heated the channel in various areas with my heat gun and no signal still.

Niether heat nor vibration SEEM to affect the channel as of now.

Since the right channel is faulty could something in the protection be interupting the left side?

The right channel is very distorted and the higher you turn the volume up the higher the DC climbs on the bridging terminal.

Should I fix the right channel first and go back to the left?

The first pic is the output of the right channel.

The second pic is of the left channel (one we are working on) when it gets signal.

Attachments

• 100ix right channel.jpg
    100ix right channel.jpg
    872.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 100ix left channel.jpg
    100ix left channel.jpg
    899.4 KB · Views: 49
The turn on delay is extremely long!!!

If the amp is powered down and right back up it seems to work fine.

The longer the amp is powered down the longer it takes to turn on.

When the left channel finally turns on it seems to work 100%

Could turn on in 45 seconds, could be 5 minutes.

Replacing C3 made the left channel turn on quickly. The turn on delay is about 3 seconds now. Seems to work fine.

Alot of the caps that I de-solder smell like dead fish if you will which leads to believe they are leaking fluid with that smell. I think probably all the aluminum 10uf 16v caps should probably be replaced on this amp.

Now for the right channel?

What we know:

Very distorted sound cuts in and out

DC on terminal increases as volume is increased

No DC on terminal at idle

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.