Rockford Fosgate T30001BD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I replaced 8 of the outputs in this amp. Checked the emitter resistors and checked the drivers all seem to test fine.

When i try to power the amp up it draws excessive current. If i unplug the output board and power up just the power supply board it idles fine.

Wondering where i begin to check??

Just a thought, after you pull the bad fets powering the amp up before placing good fets in could save some trouble. I have found checking the gate signals prior to populating the output fets has saved me damaging more output fets.

Someone else could tell me if this is logical or not. Sorry it doesn't help your situation right now.

Perry,

Do you know if one of the 3 legged connectors go here or not. Since the wasent one when i got this amp. But it was worked on before

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 160
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 159
Ok i put a jumper in the amp. But when i try powering it up it goes into thermal mode and drwas excessive current. If i take the board out that i put the jumper on it powers up fine. I checked the outputs i just replaced and also checked the driver for thoose outputs and they all seem to be fine.

Wondering what i should check?

The most likely problem is that there is damage to the coating on the traces on the MEHSA insulator. If the coating gets scratched, solder can bridge connections between the traces and the center leg of the transistor (via the tab). When there is continuity between the other legs and a trace on the insulator, it's generally due to a ball of solder that's wedged between the legs and the insulator.

Theres something wrong somewhere else on this board i took the outputs out of the board. And swapped it with a different board and it does the same thing.

Im thinking maybe a bad driver even know they are testing fine.

I will replace the drivers for thoose set of outputs and clean up the solder connections on the board and see what i can come up with

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.