Rockford Fosgate Punch 500S

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Did you try pulling the center leg on the rectifiers to see if that reduced the current draw?

Do one at a time if you haven't done this already.

Are any of the transistors or rectifiers heating up?

Are the outputs still out of the circuit?

I have not pulled the center leg of the rectifiers yet.

Only one channel has the output fets still in place the other channel has them removed, and there are no solder bridges.

None of the remaining output fets seem to be getting hot nor do the rectifiers.

So when I try to power up with the center leg removed of the rectifiers (one at a time) I should have the current limiting resistors not in line with the B+??

The 3 on the CR1 side seem fine, but the 3 on the CR2 side arc pretty good when you apply power but none of them seem to be making my power supply draw current.

I removed one cap from the CR2 side and put power to it out of the circuit and it seemed fine holding 13.87 volts and slowly bleeding down.

Thinking CR2 is defective?

I will try it.

Meanwhile I removed all the rail caps, and powered up the amp. It does not draw alot of current, but is a very choppy draw quickly pulsating up and down from 0 amps to 3 amps.

Shall I re-install the rail caps and try the voltage regulators next?

Can I power up the amp with the V/R input legs removed and the rail caps removed?

Removed leg 3 input of LM317 and the led light came on but the amp didnt turn on. It drew nothing for current and the led light kinda flickered and the amp guage on the power supply was barely flickering up and down.

Input of LM337 was back in circuit for this test, do they both need to be out at the same time?

Last edited:
I didnt use a scope or a meter. The LED light came on but the amp did not turn on like normal. I watched my power supply and when a amp turns on normal it jumps the amp guage up then back down and draws a little current at an idle. The amp guage was below zero amps on the guage.

If the power supply was running the rest of the amp was not on, I can tell when an amp turns on or not regardless of the LED.

I am not saying the power supply was not on but if it was the rest of the amp was not.

I will try it again and measure gate voltage on the power supply fets, rail voltage on the rectifiers, and output on the regulators.

Anything else you want me to check out?

Should I put the rail caps back in?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.