Rockford Fosgate Power 1000a2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The FETs have failed. With 13v on the gates and drains and 0v on the source, the amp should be drawing excessive current. Since it's not, the FETs have opened drain-source. I'd expect that the gate resistors are open and it's possible that PNP gate drivers are open.

Why does the amp still power on, powering from the other power supply on the other channel?

Hey Perry using your advice on the 47 ohm gate drive for the power supply fets, as I have always used 68 ohm and NEVER had an issue. You are the expert so I am giving the 47 ohm gates a try. The only reason I used 68 ohm in the past is many rockford amps I pulled apart in the past that had IRF 3205 from the factory always had the 68 ohm gates. I remember reading in one of your posts that it could work but it seemed a bit high to you. I thought i remeber you saying that something could mask the problem at idle................

Got the new p/s fets in place......gate drivers are in.............driver transistors are in..........my only problem is when I test the 47 ohm gates I have in or out of the circuit they range from 45.6 ohms to 46.6 ohms.

Just wondering if this is within spec?? They are brand new parts.

Want to be sure before applying power.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.