RIP Kevin Carter

His departure hurts deep amongst the local diy denizens here in North Carolina. Kevin will be remembered for his offbeat humor, pragmatism and genius tube designs that were neatly augmented by the use of solid state current sources. He married tube and solid state in the best way - all his designs are astoundingly neutral sounding despite using tubes as the main amplification device - Our music sounds better because of him. I'm currently building one of his MIR line stages and have been lucky enough to listen to his fully differential super high end Sonus Veritas models. The man designed phenomenal circuits and he will be missed.

In memory of him, I bring up the Narada phonostage I built with his guidance which now resides with a recording engineer in Tennessee.

Rest in Peace Kevin, see you on the other side.

Best,
Anand.

• Thank You
Reactions: 2 users
Thanks Bas -- I missed this. This STINKS--freaking pneumonia complications--in 2024! Arrgh.

Kevin was wonderful to me as well. I sent him some monstrous porcupine heatsink once just to see what would happen.

Maybe as importantly as anything, he was a creative builder and an example of dedication and commitment. He is already missed and shall be henceforth. RIP, Mr. C. Best to all!

Reactions: 1 user