Ribbon tweeters

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
riibbons very difference. I'm always use Fountek for 2 way, 3 way loudspeakers.
big one able to set up to 2-way system, small ones - to 3 -way only.

Attachments

• fountek.jpg
    fountek.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 636
routing continues...this gives you a rough idea how its gonna look like....still 38pcs to cut, and i already broke the routing bit :(

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

more to come...........

It looks like you are doing well. Not much recess for the driver though? Are you going to cut the centre our of the parts later on to create the internal of the cabinet?

I assume you were using a router bit with a trace bearing to copy the first 'slice' of the cabinet you made? The bearings can wear out quickly if you don't oil them now and again (same with the cutter). Also a quality router bit is a very good investment, even if they are £20-30 or more. Trend is very good.

Tenson said:
It looks like you are doing well. Not much recess for the driver though? Are you going to cut the centre our of the parts later on to create the internal of the cabinet?

I assume you were using a router bit with a trace bearing to copy the first 'slice' of the cabinet you made? The bearings can wear out quickly if you don't oil them now and again (same with the cutter). Also a quality router bit is a very good investment, even if they are £20-30 or more. Trend is very good.

Hi tenson....you are right..the router bit needed some oil, i didn't know.This was the first time i've used it.i will know now.the recces is 25 mm, and there is still the front baffle missing, so it will be altogether around 37 mm thick.
the internal is gonna be cutted out later on, it was a little bit rainy today, i only done 12 pcs today. i will post more pics as the work continues...

barackuda said:
hi yury
my design is using G18RNX/P and i'm not sure if it can handle, playing high as 3.5kHz.

hi barackuda! of course it will work. general question - how does it will be?! 6" it's prety smalll unit. will be ok. but too much small :0 I prefer bigger woofers.
about wall thickness. I'm always made it by marble, that's why I have not dampind problem.

Yury - i dont think there is a need of damping, the wall thickness is 34mm at thinest, and 47mm at thickestplace.G18 is 7" unit, but the cone is actualy 6", so u right.
As i sad in the future, there will be a sub, probably single 18" in a smallish box, or two 15" in even smaller boxes :) both using linkwitz transform circuits......so i'm not in need of much low end at this time :)
the most important thing is gonna be the mid, to get that right......

continue....

hey guys!!!

i have done all pcs for the first enclosure...what a work :xeye: .....still need to cut the rest, but the wheater isn't my friend i think :(
i have only a small shed, so i'm still waiting for a little sunshine.
i've read John's blog abut his speakers he is building, here it is:

second from above

he says, that the egg shaped internal profile is the worst ever....so i'm asking you for any suggestions on the internal profile.
Here is the shape:

thanks for any suggestions.

P.S.: the internal volume can be adjusted acording to shape.

Hey guys !!! work in progres:

dry assembly.... (some parts already glued and screwed together)

my.php

internal wiev:

another one:

after the second enclosure is finished they go on CNC machine to cut the fronts to exact sizes, counter bores and side panels......

barackuda : I'm not sure if your idea of G18rnxp and BG neo3 is good one. I would cross G18 at about 2.2-2.5Khz and neo3 would suffer if crossed lower than 3khz.

ps. have to admit I don't like the sound of G18 at all... I still have one G18 left...can be yours if you want (for center chanell for example)

have anyone heard hivi RT8II? can sb give me any recommedation please? Is it a good TW? as good as neo3 but with better lower output?

kyselym said:
barackuda : I'm not sure if your idea of G18rnxp and BG neo3 is good one. I would cross G18 at about 2.2-2.5Khz and neo3 would suffer if crossed lower than 3khz.

ps. have to admit I don't like the sound of G18 at all... I still have one G18 left...can be yours if you want (for center chanell for example)

have anyone heard hivi RT8II? can sb give me any recommedation please? Is it a good TW? as good as neo3 but with better lower output?

hi, no its not a neo3...it will be neo8pd and mae by later neo3 to add some spark on top end.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.