"Revolutionary China, Complacent America"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chase after the point of wiring between the emotions and the forebrain, and you can change and empower anything. Nothing is impossible.

Everything you guys talk of in this thread, can be tackled effectively from that point. Everything that humanity deals with can be tackled effectively from such viewpoints.

But first, you must be strong enough to strip yourself apart as a point of understanding and analysis. (I love the fact that the word anal is in there :D). Few are capable of that.

tlf9999 said:
such a typical european mentality: always blame others for one's misfortune, the same mentality that wiped out the Brit's automotive industry and puts Marconi into a non-player in the avonics market, and forced ABB to sell its rail business to service its debt, etc.

the market is trying to tell you something that is foundamentally wrong about you. You could chose to ignore it and let yourself die. or you can face it and fix yourself and come back stronger.

As a competitor, I gives me nothing but tremendous pleasure to see that you are well under way for the 1st approach, :).

It never ceases to amaze me to see how highly you folks value ignorance.
Can't speak for ABB but I used to work for what is now Marconi and the reasons for its demise had very little to do with competition. Also the demise of the UK car industry is due to reasons far more complex than the simplistic its-the-markets tosh spouted by the freemarketeers.

Disabled Account
Joined 2005
In my line of work (collecting garbage door to door), I got to know a pretty senior automotive executive and we once in a while chat about anything. One thing he told me that "the American (automotive OEMs) are scared of the Japanese; the Japanese are scared of the Koreans and the Koreans are scared of the Chinese.

I am sure there is an angle where you can work India into the story somewhere (which the Wall Street Journal had a lengthy article about a few months ago).

The Chinese produced about 2 million passenger vehicles last year, vs. about 17 million in the states and about 15 million in western Europe. The Chinese has no brand equity in the US and in their own country. They have no capital to invest in either vehicle design, production facilities, distribution networks, marketing and R&D. And they are, at present, nobody.

Yet, they scare the pants off everyone except those who have no clue about the industry.

It should give you a sense of how ignorant some of us are, and how much denial we want.

tlf9999 said:
In my line of work (collecting garbage door to door), I got to know a pretty senior automotive executive and we once in a while chat about anything. One thing he told me that "the American (automotive OEMs) are scared of the Japanese; the Japanese are scared of the Koreans and the Koreans are scared of the Chinese.

I am sure there is an angle where you can work India into the story somewhere (which the Wall Street Journal had a lengthy article about a few months ago).

The Chinese produced about 2 million passenger vehicles last year, vs. about 17 million in the states and about 15 million in western Europe. The Chinese has no brand equity in the US and in their own country. They have no capital to invest in either vehicle design, production facilities, distribution networks, marketing and R&D. And they are, at present, nobody.

Yet, they scare the pants off everyone except those who have no clue about the industry.

It should give you a sense of how ignorant some of us are, and how much denial we want.

Doesn't change anything. It wasn't the 'market' that did for Marconi or Enron for that matter and it definitely wasn't the Chinese either.

Just read recently where they (someone, anyway) went back and looked at the Michelson-Morley experiment..and found some disturbing..and interesting errors. Can't rember where I read it. Who knows if it is real or not, concerning the 'found' errors. Just a heads up, if you find that sort of stuff interesting. I believe they were speaking of the mirrors as being the issue, or rather, calculations involving them.

All I can say, Sy, with me being ignorant of the math, but not the basic concepts (which I believe to be the important bits to understand..but also understand that I should then be brutually careful when trying to 'work' off such understandings), or even cognizant of some or most of the higher understanding of the concept..and, to add.. having lived though, seen, and done things which make the current models (very obviously, to me) very, very invalid....that there are large errors. Somewhere, and likely in the root numbers and 'theoretical' positions. The more I know, the less, etc, etc. The idea of there being no fact, and it all being theory. Ie, it's not a LAW(s) of thermodynamics, however reliable it may be or seem. it is only a 'Therory(s)' of electrodynamics. No more, no less. It too, in time, will change. In one way or another. :)

Disabled Account
Joined 2005
SY said:
The laws of thermodynamics are merciless and have borne no exceptions, even when money is at stake.

I have a mixed view on this. There is at least one case where the 2nd law of thermodynamics doesn't hold true: during the big bang. another is within a blackhole: after an object falls into the blackhole, the entropy for the system goes DOWN, not up.

there is also a question of constant laws of physics, across space and time. For example, is it possible that in certain parts of the universe, the laws of physics are different from those we observe? is it possible that laws of physics are different in the past or in the future than they are today?

On a larger scale, can you find a universe where the opposite of the 2nd law of thermodynamics holds true?

I think for now it is better to accept that possibility that the 2nd law could be wrong.

Concepts like zero point energy and aetherial energy also violate the First and Third Law. Think of it as a fraud trifecta.

A few corrections- it is NOT clear that the Second Law is violated at the Big Bang. Similarly, the black hole "exception" is not really a matter of a Second Law violation so much as it's a matter of changing the accounting. You lose the object over the horizon, so its entropy doesn't count, or rather, it becomes undefined.

Not to change the subject too much, but I heard that Bush is aiming for illegal immigrants as the labor force to rebuild the Gulf coast. Why would this be even a thought? When there are so many so called "disenfranchised" poor people that already live there. Why not pay them to do it instead? Well, the answer, my friends, is that they already have a career. That is, welfare and government cheese. I think this is ridiculous. I bet if you cut off the welfare checks at the same time offer them jobs in the rebuilding effort, those who are unwilling to work, will do the job. Maybe the rebuilding effort will rebuild more than just the cities, perhaps the attitude will become rebuilt as well. Or we could hire illegal immigrants and these people will continue to expect the countries taxpayer to support their lazy lifestyles. I would much rather pay these people to work than illegal immigrants, even if it is a little more because in the end, the welfare not used then would be worth it, otherwise you would have to support these people anyway. I don't see any reason not to give these poor people in the Gulf region an opportunity to improve their lives. I'm sure many would take the opportunity. They might have to get off their lazy cans and work at it though. :xeye: They have to get past the politicians there who are keeping them down for their vote. Ironic it seems.

It is totaly insane that able body men and women living down there can't do the jobs involved with rebuilding. Why they are living in Houston, and other places on the tax dollar of every other American who works and pays for them I don't understand. Yet the government will hire ILLEAGALS to do the work that is now needed down there and continue to fund the stay of these people elsewere when they should be paid for the work they most certainly can do in the rebuilding effort, as if we owed them something. I think I will soon be insane and bald from pulling my hair out.:mad: :bawling: :mad:

The problem with trying to get those "Displaced" people to "Help" in the rebuilding effort down south, is that there is no way that they would agree to it.

Think about it...
Why would they want to have to do manual labor for their, previously freely, provided income?

They are at least in the majority of people responsible for the situation that they are in anyway.

For 60+ years they have elected and re-elected the same people why have squandered all of the $$$BILLIONS$$$ of federal, and state monies sent in their to "Help these poor people"!

For longer than that, with all of the free education, grants, programs, and incentives available...They have done NOTHING! to educate, improve, or elevate their place in society.

I'm only 2nd generation native born here in the USA.

My Grandparents were poor when they came to this country. They worked hard, educated themselves, and tried to give their kids better than they had.

My parents weren't rich, Heck they had to live through the "Great Depression" when they were kids.
They worked hard, Educated themselves, and did their best to give Us better than what they had.

I am not by any means rich. Heck I'm barely "Middle class!"
But I work hard, I've educated Myself, and I hope I'm providing better than what I had when I was growing up.

My point is, If My grandparents, and parents can come here with basically nothing and 2 generations later I can sit here, in my middle class lifestyle, Why can't the people who have been here so much longer do the same???????

It's all about the desire, or the willingness to "Work" for your(or your children's) future.

In this country You can be whatever you want to be, if you want to put forth the effort to do so.

I see it as a majority of these people not wanting to do the work required.

Tall Shadow

Disabled Account
Joined 2005
Tall Shadow said:
My point is, If My grandparents, and parents can come here with basically nothing and 2 generations later I can sit here, in my middle class lifestyle, Why can't the people who have been here so much longer do the same???????

I think you have just touched that big white elephant in the room that everyone, especially politicians, have been so afraid of seeing.

Chicago has a huge Vietnamees population, as does Atlanta, among the cities that I have visited. Those people came to this country with barely anything. and they have done well, 20 years later for themselves and their kids.

The same can be said about the Chinese, and the hispanic population in this country (to a lesser degree).

one has to ask then why the african american population hasn't done nearly as much with so much more economic and politican aids to them?

Desire. my friend, you just nailed it. the lack of desire is the answer.

The African American population essentially allowed themselves to be capsulated in the last century and centered their efforts on blaming everybody else but themselves for their status in the society. They now have become the politican and economical prisoners of the Democratic Party.

As long as they don't have that desire to stand on their own feet, they will remain where they are.

The whole katrina fiasco is a huge demonstration of how far down we have let our country slipped into the land of "I am not responsible for my actions": if those people refuse to evacuate in the face of a cat 5 hurricane and decide to live below the sealine, they are the sole ones responsible for any consequences for their decisions. They have no rights to demand aids, out of the tax payers' pockets.

Status
Not open for further replies.