Revisiting some "old" ideas from 1970's - IPS, OPS

Hi Terry, my power supply is a hybrid ha ha ha.
A bridge, some electrolytics, 75000uf/rail, a second cap bank(jeff's pcb, another board for cap. multiplier and +/-15v regulators..
this on the heatshink)
No, i haven't a protection other than crowbar...
Unfortunately up to now is unprotected.
I have some pcb for 21 century protection but not the microprossesor.

I've built a couple of the 21 century boards. They are a bit of work but very powerful. You need some extra little sister boards for the relays and such but all in all it is a very good system. You have to program the Arduino but Valery helped me with that. I have one all set up for my Tubsumo when I finally get it into a box. Hopefully this year, though now you have me wanting to finish the non-switching boards.

if you add a decent bass/sub it makes the world of difference, even to cheap speakers. I have one setup, Altec Lansing model 9 for the bass since the upper drivers are wrought. I use a set of my old 8" coax (only thing left of a rusted out Ford F-150 truck) in a sealed box for the uppers, it sounds fine. I can not justify spending 100's on new Morels or others I have an eye on. Friends (maybe a little impaired) say the setup sounds great, I roll my eyes, but it works. The natural roll off of the 8" coax in a sealed box matches with the 12" bass. So you only need one decent bass 12" or better in a box imo.
I knew a tech I worked with long ago, he made a concrete box for his KEF's, thought wood was crap for bass boxes. Go figure. :)
The imaging and time delay match is great in a coax design, even a cheapo.
These monster amps are only really needed for the bass anyways, it is probably the best to at least bi-amp, you have enough amps by now, 2.1 = 3 amps :)
Back to the garden.

Last edited:
if you add a decent bass/sub it makes the world of difference, even to cheap speakers. I have one setup, Altec Lansing model 9 for the bass since the upper drivers are wrought. I use a set of my old 8" coax (only thing left of a rusted out Ford F-150 truck) in a sealed box for the uppers, it sounds fine. I can not justify spending 100's on new Morels or others I have an eye on. Friends (maybe a little impaired) say the setup sounds great, I roll my eyes, but it works. The natural roll off of the 8" coax in a sealed box matches with the 12" bass. So you only need one decent bass 12" or better in a box imo.
I knew a tech I worked with long ago, he made a concrete box for his KEF's, thought wood was crap for bass boxes. Go figure. :)
The imaging and time delay match is great in a coax design, even a cheapo.
These monster amps are only really needed for the bass anyways, it is probably the best to at least bi-amp, you have enough amps by now, 2.1 = 3 amps :)
Back to the garden.
What is your opininion about full range Fane 12-250TC.
This is available by Thoman in Europe. in affordable value.

What is your opininion about full range Fane 12-250TC.
This is available by Thoman in Europe. in affordable value.

Those triple-cone coaxials look very good to me.
I think an NS-based amplifier and 12-250TC based speakers combination may result in something very interesting.
When I was 16 y.o. I used to have a pair of studio monitors in closed cases, equipped with a single Russian double-cone coaxial driver each. 10W RMS nominal power, but rather high sensitivity, 8 inches, 4 ohms (40-18000 Hz, 90db/W/meter).
Those provided good phase characteristics, resulting in the deep soundstage with accurate positioning of the sound sources.
Worth trying, in my opinion, but the case has to be of appropriate configuration and solid build for the proper LF response.

Now I looked at the spec, I did mean coax the mid/hi's, where you get your imaging mostly, not a full range necessarily, but that speaker could be great for certain applications, have to try to find out.
I would think it would have high intermodulation.
lots of high end response from that whizzer cone. It might be too bright for hi-fi but perfect for live stage monitors, you never know it might highlight a voice tone and/or an instrument. speakers are more fun than boring transistors :), so many more possibilities, drivers, boxes, configurations ...
Top of the line test speakers :)
There you go, better said by them
Superb when deployed for house of worship applications offering well defined vocal presence and clarity.
Excellent freq response, not flat, but you can't have it all
Triple cone configuration and geometry provides genuine, unrivalled extended frequency range up to 17 kHz.

Last edited:
I thought, that finally I catch you to give a review
Me?
I'm interesting for a set of speakers, not very expensive, that can <<speak>> the difference between amplifiers..
I have so many amplifiers and i can`t say nothing about...
In any case even using those cheap, <<speakers>> i'm sure that N.S is one of my best amplifiers.
Another that i can say is.. DO NOT TRY to listen to one chanel of any amplifier only!
I will continue on YouTube using the rest of IPS.
Unfortunately YouTube is suitable for seen only, not for listen.
Thank you all for any donation that i took!

Last edited:
Slow but.... that's for now.

Attachments

• IMG_20190704_213423.jpg
    IMG_20190704_213423.jpg
    544.8 KB · Views: 343